THIS PLACE IS DEAD!

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

lucasdavidsamuels
Through the Iron Gate

THIS PLACE IS DEAD!

Anyone seeing the Barrs anytime soon? This place is dead and needs some fresh content. Maybe a sweet vid from Mr. 'Tone? I can't do much until the BBs come back to Toronto May 18.
Twitter: @lucsamuels
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

Re: THIS PLACE IS DEAD!

I've been meaning to put up a bunch more mp3's the way I did with 2004 but have been busy out the wazoo, also got a bunch of SHN/FLAC from Jason's old OZ server I will process and torrent when I have a few spare breaths.... And of course when I do have a bit of time to kill lately I have often been logging on to http://www.hippyfiasco.com which has been filled with great music and quirky times.

I'm looking forward to coverage of the upcoming Barr Brothers shows though and maybe someday Slip or Davis dates.... I know I have been more than a little bummed that The Slip and Davis aren't on the schedule for High Sierra or for any dates at all really except for that one Davis festival set at the end of August.
booher
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

Going to the TT the Bear's show tomorrow night. Hopefully they have some new material. Kind of itching to hear what's not on the album.
bradm
Beantown Rocker

lucasdavidsamuels wrote:the BBs come back to Toronto May 18.
Do you have details on this? I see a run of dates with Timber Timbre starting in Pontiac, Michigan on May 19, but nothing for Toronto.

Aloha,
Brad
lucasdavidsamuels
Through the Iron Gate

They announced it on their Facebook page. Dakota Tavern, Wednesday May 18. It's not up on the Dakota website yet.
bradm
Beantown Rocker

lucasdavidsamuels wrote:They announced it on their Facebook page. Dakota Tavern, Wednesday May 18. It's not up on the Dakota website yet.
Thanks. I may try to be there.

Aloha,
Brad
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

I'm really hoping for a late summer/fall tour.. haven't seen the guys in soo long.. I'd love to see the Barr Bros, but all the shows are too far away for me to hit...
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
booher

The new album is apparently close. All of the songs are recorded. They're either mixing or mastering them, and they're just going back and forth on the input they've been getting with that. I think we should be able to see it by the end of the summer if they get some time in the studio between shows.
joeyoudon't!
Tenfold

New album of who? the slip, smmd, barr bros? last I heard was that the slip and smmd have stuff on the horizon, but it wouldn't surprise me if the barr bros had a new one come out soon as well, since I think that's clearly where the focus is right now. The Slip album has been close for a long time, I think I read a 2009 interview that said they'd be done with it soon. I'll be happy to buy it when it's done, whenever that might be.
johnhk4
Beantown Rocker

I'm going tonight! Barr Brothers Brooklyn. SO happy to see a show within walking distance of my apartment. I'm damn lucky too.

will post setlist or any stories this weekend or next week. Hoping to hear the the two newest ones I know, Kisses from Chelsea or 'went to market'

cheers!
John from CT / wheaton college, MA
booher

joeyoudon't! wrote:New album of who? the slip, smmd, barr bros? last I heard was that the slip and smmd have stuff on the horizon, but it wouldn't surprise me if the barr bros had a new one come out soon as well, since I think that's clearly where the focus is right now. The Slip album has been close for a long time, I think I read a 2009 interview that said they'd be done with it soon. I'll be happy to buy it when it's done, whenever that might be.
I was speaking of The Slip album.
lucasdavidsamuels
Through the Iron Gate

The Barr Brothers are being filmed in the Relix boiler room right now. They've played Beggar, Belle and Devil's Harp.
Dsanbensoff
Even Rats

harrymcq wrote: I know I have been more than a little bummed that The Slip and Davis aren't on the schedule for High Sierra or for any dates at all really except for that one Davis festival set at the end of August.
Is this a fact that they are skipping HSMF this year? why why why why WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? :evil:
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

Dsanbensoff wrote:Is this a fact that they are skipping HSMF this year? why why why why WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? :evil:
There was a bunch of talk on hippyfiasco.com around the time of the Davis sets in Austin, it's all on the archives on ustream. Brad got on the broadcast at one point and said that they were offered it but they declined. He was on again at another point and discussed it in more detail including talking about his trip to France and how he would be missing High Sierra thinking of it if he weren't there. He finished up by saying "of course we'll be there" but this could be taken as a joke or to imply that he would be there in spirit. I guess it's possible they will reverse the decision but I would be (happily!) surprised if they did go.
bradm
Beantown Rocker

lucasdavidsamuels wrote:They announced it on their Facebook page. Dakota Tavern, Wednesday May 18. It's not up on the Dakota website yet.
It's there now; the "Listings" part of

http://www.thedakotatavern.com/

for May now includes

Wednesday 18
7pm - 10pm Sean McCann & Jeremy Fisher
Advance tickets available at http://www.greatbigsea.com
10pm The Barr Brothers
12am Wayne Petti & The Thieves

Aloha,
Brad