Any keys players in this joint?

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

booher
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

Any keys players in this joint?

I've been jonesin' for a piano, keyboard, or cool organ.

Remember this Weight of Solomon from the House of Blues back in '01? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaIEbMqNBVo Love that organ sound. I know close to nothing about organs, however. I saw a Farfisa Fast-4 for sale on craigslist for about $300 and thought about it, but it didn't quite sound like I was hoping for.

I'm looking for a real meaty organ sound like the one Brad's got here. If it's not a one trick pony like this though, that'd be cool. I'd love to have a proper synth without breaking the bank.
GeMeNeYe
Get Me with Fuji

Re: Any keys players in this joint?

If you're up for it, you can go midi. Get a small midi controller (like the M-Audio Axiom 25) and you can explore a lot of sounds through stand-alone software and DAW plug-ins.
booher
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

Re: Any keys players in this joint?

I've had a friend's 25 key M Audio something or other for over a year now, and while I've fiddled with it, I really want to be able to have an entire piano in my hands so I can get used to playing some more extended chord voicings (not the right usage of extended, really, but hopefully you get what I mean). I know how piano works, but not how to properly play one.