Marc Friedman moves to SF, joins Big Light

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

bradm
Beantown Rocker

Marc Friedman moves to SF, joins Big Light

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/93113/T ... -Big-Light
jambase wrote:Marc Friedman (The Slip, Surprise Me Mr. Davis) has moved to San Francisco and is now a full-time member of Big Light. Friedman has appeared on stage with the band over the last three years, standing in for Steve Adams (ALO) here or there. However, Marc's participation in the last year and a half hasn't been limited to filling in on bass. Friedman has produced and performed on Big Light’s forthcoming LP, entitled The Well Wishers (arriving Fall 2012).
Aloha,
Brad
Kevin_Kjr
Beantown Rocker

Re: Marc Friedman moves to SF, joins Big Light

guess that means the Slip arent coming out with another album anytime soon?
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

who knows... I've given up worrying about stuff like that. Barr Bros are gung ho and no one wants to ruin their big chance. SLip and Davis both have excellent albums in the can which will hopefully see the light of day while we're all still walking this earth but I'm not holding my breath. Nathan is crazy prolific as ever with his Fiasco, as is Marco with his musical (and vinyl) productivity. It is great Marc has a gig, and he really gives big light a good ole' alien style kick in the pants.

I actually think things are alright in slip world... good things come to those who wait unless everyone has forgotten about it by then.
lucasdavidsamuels
Through the Iron Gate

you'd think at this point they'd just release The Slip and the SMMD album for free on their respective websites at this point.
Twitter: @lucsamuels
bear
From the Gecko

last time i spoke to Marc (a couple years back) he said they were under contract for 2 more albums on Bar NONE and I believe Davis is on Royal Potato now so I wouldnt anticipate any free albums being released.

the BBros window is now and they have to work that as much as possible, theyre not making money as the Slip but they have potential to really establish themselves as the Barr Brothers. Brad turns 37 this year, you have to assume they are going to run with whats working now and has the most promising future. And honestly, the BBros is still fresh sounding to me and you can tell they are all about it whereas the last Slip show I saw, although fun and obviously super good is nothing like it once was when thats all they were doing. They're focused on other projects right now and it's fine with me if the Slip is on the back burner, Im just lucky i live in the part of the country where when they do play it's usually in my area.
"if there's one thing I know to be true, let what you love be what you do"

http://www.talkingaboutcommas.com
http://www.liesanddreams.blogspot.com
johnhk4
Beantown Rocker

that was really well put!
John from CT / wheaton college, MA
booher
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

bear wrote:last time i spoke to Marc (a couple years back) he said they were under contract for 2 more albums on Bar NONE and I believe Davis is on Royal Potato now so I wouldnt anticipate any free albums being released.

the BBros window is now and they have to work that as much as possible, theyre not making money as the Slip but they have potential to really establish themselves as the Barr Brothers. Brad turns 37 this year, you have to assume they are going to run with whats working now and has the most promising future. And honestly, the BBros is still fresh sounding to me and you can tell they are all about it whereas the last Slip show I saw, although fun and obviously super good is nothing like it once was when thats all they were doing. They're focused on other projects right now and it's fine with me if the Slip is on the back burner, Im just lucky i live in the part of the country where when they do play it's usually in my area.
I hear ya. I think I usually spot you at Slip/BBros shows. One of these days I'll say hello. At least, I'm pretty sure it's you.

Only other time that The Slip really plays is NYE, and they seem to be hitting up SF a lot for that, which makes sense because of Marc. Although, of all of the NYE shows I have from The Slip, it's the Davis/Duo show that does it for me. I've listened to that show so many times. All of the guys nail every single song in those sets.