"With Love"

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

booher
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

"With Love"

Bored at work, perusing Last.fm, and I came across this album: http://www.last.fm/music/The+Slip/With+Love

I've never seen this before. Anyone have more info on it? Is it even legit? Or just a show labeled as something else?
tim
The Weight of Solomon

Re: "With Love"

this is a web released live compilation of songs hand picked by each member of the band/crew from the preceding tour(s). so yeah, it's a legit release.
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

booher

Wow, thanks Harry!
booher

Anyone know anything about the last track, Abide With Me? That song....Brad does post rock better than post rockers. I figure he's just running his FZ-3 and it sounds like a delay w/ chorus, but man that sound is HUGE.
booher

booher wrote:Anyone know anything about the last track, Abide With Me? That song....Brad does post rock better than post rockers. I figure he's just running his FZ-3 and it sounds like a delay w/ chorus, but man that sound is HUGE.
Quoting myself here. I just googled the song name. I had no idea it was a church hymn. I'm continually impressed with the reach these guys have.
bradm
Beantown Rocker

booher wrote:
booher wrote:Anyone know anything about the last track, Abide With Me? That song....Brad does post rock better than post rockers. I figure he's just running his FZ-3 and it sounds like a delay w/ chorus, but man that sound is HUGE.
Quoting myself here. I just googled the song name. I had no idea it was a church hymn. I'm continually impressed with the reach these guys have.
Thelonious Monk did a version of it on his "Monk's Music" album, with John Coltrane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaHBQD52Qrk

Aloha,
Brad
booher

bradm wrote:
booher wrote:
Thelonious Monk did a version of it on his "Monk's Music" album, with John Coltrane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaHBQD52Qrk

Aloha,
Brad
This is really cool! Thanks for sharing.