help out the little guys?

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

joe
Tenfold

help out the little guys?

I know this is sort of more appropriate in the shows section, but I'm putting this here because I'm looking for some help promoting my band Cold Duck Complex.
I know it's shameless, but y'all should check us out anyways. I mean, I figure if the Slip's my favorite band, at least some of you will probably dig the Duck. You can check out some mp3s at
http://www.sonicbids.com/ColdDuckComplex or live mp3s at http://www.coldduckcomplex.com (along with details for these shows). We're really looking for help if you know anyone who'd be interested promoting these shows. We don't have much to offer except tickets or merch, but we have some pretty cool t-shirts. Thanks for listening :wink:

Upcoming tourdates:

Thursday, 04/21 - Providence, RI - The Living Room
Friday, 04/22 - Binghamton, NY - Binghamton University
Saturday, 04/23 - Plymouth, NH - Plymouth State University
Saturday, 04/23 - Canton, NY - Java Barn
Friday, 04/29 - Northampton, MA - Iron Horse Music Hall
Saturday, 04/30 - Saratoga Springs, NY - Skidmore College
Saturday, 05/07 - Burlington, VT - Nectar's
Friday, 05/13 - New York, NY - Knitting Factory
Saturday, 05/14 - Brooklyn, NY - Stain
more may dates to come

Joe
joe
Tenfold

of course, i'm a genius...if you do want to help out, you can email me at joe_at_coldduckcomplex.com
Tara
Alsoa

Go see these guys

Hey Joe I emailed you at the address given on your websight which was management@coldduckcomplex.com or something.

You guys should go check these guys out. I really like them. I first heard them about a year ago and I suck and still haven't seen them live but i've heard some shows and their album was in my cd player quite frequently until I LOST IT. I have to order another one. :(
Tara

"You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star." F. Nietzsche
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Joe,

How did you like the Ironhorse Mr. Davis show?
joe
Tenfold

loved it. i wish i could have made more of the shows. i actually missed the end of that show as well. honestly, i would really like it if nathan joined the band and they figured some way to incorporate his songs as well as the slip repertoire. i know that's farfetched, and there are a lot of critics of mr. d, but i just feel like it adds to the band without losing anything (or maybe it loses a bit, but i think if they could figure a way to work the slip repertoire in as well, it would be the best of both worlds). you were there, eh? what do you look like? next time i'd like to say hello.

i also liked meowskers' songs. they sounded kind of rough, like they didn't have a handle on using their sounds in that space, but i did think they were good songs, especially towards the end (there was one about 1978, i really liked that).
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

you were there, eh? what do you look like?
Yeah. I think we met once when I checked your band out in 01 or 02 maybe. Now I have a long ponytail but who knows for who long. I'm like 5'10" 180lb. Pretty hard to describe. I had my rig going on the table next to the soundboard. Thats the easiest way to find me. Look for the gear ;) Next time I see you I'll let you know.
Pablo
Mudslide

hmmm, what did clinton look like. personally, at that particular show, i thought clinton was in very fine form with his rippling muscles bulging out of his "worst show ever" shirt from coventry. i really like the five o'clock shadow look you had going and is a personal favorite of mine moving ahead of the little mustache you had back in 04'. most of the girls there at the show when asked what rating they gave clinton on the "babe-o-meter" offered anywhere from 7 to 10.5 (highest possible being 10). not bad scores really.
"Jazz is the teacher, funk is the preacher." -Ornette
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Well, I did get laid thrice before the set was over. Not my best but not bad either. :lol:

Hope your well out there Pablo! Don't be a stranger.
tim
The Weight of Solomon

Cleantone wrote:Well, I did get laid thrice before the set was over.
was it taped???
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

was it taped???
My triple sexcapade? Of course. Might be officially released though... 8)