*Update* Had the interview...

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

*Update* Had the interview...

I was cruising an internet site yesterday looking for a material that they make and saw that they had a job site... so I looked on it and found the perfect job... (it's exactly what I am doing right now!! Plus it would be more money and it's in Pittsburgh!!!) I was jumping out of my skin yesterday on the way home and when I told Pam about it, she was practically doing backflips and I applied last night with my resume.... not that I don't love my job right now... it's just it's in Pittsburgh with one of the big dogs... and I'm uuuber qualified... so just keep me in your prayers (if you pray)... and hopefully.. I'll be moving on up... to the east side.... (now if Pam would let me call her weezy, I'd think we'd be the perfect cliché) :D

Here's hoping (the idea is really kinda scarey!!)
*fingers crossed*
Last edited by Pstehley on Mon May 09, 2005 4:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
gabe
Lion on a Rock

Good looks!

I will keep you in my voodoo rituals.
tim
The Weight of Solomon

famine, war, disease, pestilence, the ACLU and all of the other problems in the world and you want me to pray you get a new job?!?!?!? get real dude.

random fact- my grandfather goes to 5:30am mass everyday and says 10 hail marys specifically for me...i'm convinced that is what has kept me alive til this day.
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

tim wrote:famine, war, disease, pestilence, the ACLU and all of the other problems in the world and you want me to pray you get a new job?!?!?!? get real dude.
All you had to say was no... :cry: believe me.. I think about that type of stuff, but sometimes you just want a little hope and compassion from your associates... apparently it's too much to ask from the thug mafia from Baltimore... if I move there.. I'm so gonna by you a steeler/raven ticket so you can watch us kick your ass at ketchup field... bitch! :lol: (that's right... I have nothing good to reply to this, so I'll just through a minor pointless insult that will release a gauntlet of abuse my way... bitch!)
random fact- my grandfather goes to 5:30am mass everyday and says 10 hail marys specifically for me...i'm convinced that is what has kept me alive til this day.
so that's why you didn't die that night going home from wilkes-barre... hmmm... think I definately need to go to mass on sunday....
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

dang! look at dem tall buildings!

oh shit... cletus moves to the big city

good luck pat with the job. you'll fit right in with the rest of the steeler fans.

and the only reason we didnt die on the way back from that show, is because the 'fun guy' was driving us.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

Re: dang! look at dem tall buildings!

diesel wrote:and the only reason we didnt die on the way back from that show, is because the 'fun guy' was driving us.
classic.... :lol: Yeah... being able to see the steelers at a whim is one of the definate pro... as well as just being in pittsburgh... another pro is getting steak salads with french fries on top of it, w/o asking for it and getting weird looks when you put the fries on top and drench it in ranch dressing... mmmmm I'm getting hungry.....

the con is I probably won't get to see the boys all that much... oh well... i'll figure it out...
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
Tara
Alsoa

Good Luck Pat!
Tara

"You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star." F. Nietzsche
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

Update!!!

I have an interview on Friday at 11:30... a lunch interview.. just went out and spent almost $200 on a new suit, so I hope we're not going for italian... (my mother gave me the curse of dropseys at resturaunts) Things are definately looking good... so keep me in you're thoughts this weekend... enjoy the shows up in NH and when I get back from altoona on sunday, I'll post how everything is going... I'm like jumping out of my skin and scared shitless at the same time... it's a crazy ride.. but pittsburgh is looking up!!
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
tim
The Weight of Solomon

good luck. hopefully you'll need a bottle of this,

Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

no... amazingly... I don't... since getting married.. I've become amazingly straight edge, except for the occassional ski trip... :wink:

I think a little water and B12 will do the trick...
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

Pstehley wrote:no... amazingly... I don't... since getting married.. I've become amazingly straight edge
you pussy
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Helpin

Good luck

Hey -- if you can communicate even an ounce of your excitement and enthusiasm about this job, you'll be in like Flynn -- as long as you don't seem desperate.

All the best to you!
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

more of an update people....

Had my interview on friday.. 9-15-1:30... needless to say it was kind of a long day... considering I didn't get to Pittsburgh till 10 the night before and didn't get to sleep till 1... then woke up at 6....

Anyway.. it seemed like it went fairly well... although it's in a field of Polyurethanes that I don't have a lot of experience in, I have a lot of technical experience overall and there is a lot of room for growth and movement... I asked when I could expect to hear anything and the woman from HR (the last person I interviewed with) said a couple weeks, cause they still have to finish interviewing others... we're not quite packing yet, but we're kinda standing on our tiptoes... here's hoping...
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!

You're in my wishes for a new home and a better work routine. I can relate myself. Remember to thank and rub the Buddha too! Any good luck is luck; period. You'll be moving soon enough here just hang on to your hats and glasses and be ready to fly at any time.

Robyn