people are strange...

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

tim
The Weight of Solomon

people are strange...

that's why we do strange things.

even though i have a bed, i prefer sleeping on the couch.

for some unknown reason, i always run up stairs. i'm also a very fast walker.

i pick rubber bands up off the ground and wear them.

what strange things do YOU do???
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

pfft.. that list is NO WHERE near as long as it should be
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
torph
Alsoa

I often prefer the couch to my own bed as well, Tim... and I also run up stairs.

- I can't eat eggs without having some meat in the very same bite: its a texture thing.

- I read 2-3 newspapers cover-to-cover every day, but am totally divorced from politics & activism.

- I like whatever slip song is the newest the best.

- I'm by far the happiest when I'm underwater.
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

I twiddle my hair

and other peoples hair

I randlomly talk to people i dont know as if i know them

Make a spit wall when opening my lips

drink soda cans without opening the can up all the way

Floss

twice a day

talk to my imaginary friend

Light furbies on fire with gasoline

then drink to it

yeah there is some other stuff
lumpy
From the Gecko

I read message boards daily yet participate rarely

Somehow, the nickname lumpy stuck.

I sometimes prefer jibberish over actual language

I don't have a problem with repeat songs at consecutive shows, but generally only when it's the slip.
tim
The Weight of Solomon

torph wrote:I often prefer the couch to my own bed as well
hahaha...is it safe to assume that we were both hard-partying, couch surfers in our college days? perhaps that's an explanation.

another weird trait i have is that when i feel people are watching me, i wobble when i walk. this makes me appear intoxicated even if i'm not :shock:

the only vegetables i eat are lettuce and corn, nothing else(i do take vitamins)

i often go a day or two without eating at all...for no good reason.

i also drive with the heat on full blast at night...no matter how hot out it is.

my family definitely finds it weird that i go through the lengths i do to see the slip. they'll never understand why i drive to the places i do(more often than not by myself) to see them play. last year my mother was angry at me and she said "you spend more time watching that band play then you do with your own family!" i thought about it and it was somewhat true. wish the same could be said for this year...
maura
Mudslide

nice topic

what's that line from Thoreau... "Breakfast is the time when we sit and share the musty cheese we are."

by the way i love the lyrical signature quotes. love neil young, paul simon.

i prefer ripe bananas with flecks of brown. i eat them with a spoon as they lay sideways on the peel, preferably with nutella or peanut butter. not too weird, i guess, but i can't stand green bananas

i feel that wearing my retainer acutally aids my speech and i wear it more often than i probably need to. yesterday at the gym some dude told me "I like the braces, they work for you." :roll:

i also like made up words, or jibberish. behave or we may need to absquatulate.

i pull my hangnails off, it's painful, stupid, and disgusting taboot! :D

i can't stand thick slices of cheese but will eat blocks of it thinly sliced. i love cheese. especially after chocolate.

food in general, i am a very slow eater. it takes me a long time to make a meal and at least twice as long to eat it. my whole life, even if the meal is better hot, even when i'm not participating in mealtime conversation.

i enjoy naps in the sun, no furniture or ground cover required. right on the sand, grass, cement, deck. like a beached whale ahhhh
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

People are strange
thats why were strangers
words go in
but they don't come out

the forest is big
thats why we need rangers
if you've got to run
babe your allowed
gabe
Lion on a Rock

another weird trait i have is that when i feel people are watching me, i wobble when i walk. this makes me appear intoxicated even if i'm not
ME TOO. i get anxious about it. its funny cause that's half the reason i've had the huge "stoner" image in my small goody goody town.

on instant messager, i group peoples' names by status.

if i'm not playing WORLD OF WARCRAFT and i'm on the computer, i check my email every 5 minutes.

i twiddle my middle and pointer finger on my right hand constantly. i used to think it'd improve my bassing but now it's just a habit.

i sleep in my brother's room instead of my own.

i put liner notes from all the CDs i buy on my walls.

if it's yellow, let it mellow. if it's brown, flush it down.
ScS
From the Gecko

i blow my nose after every meal

i use two towels to dry myself after taking a shower

im a serial eater. i eat one thing at a time(ie all my corn first, then my meat...i never mix them)

i sing and whistle to myself all the time

i try to invent new ways to play with my mouth(ie rolling my tongue, sliding it along my front teeth)
scs
delray beach, florida
"democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey cage"-hl mencken

"on the run from johnny law...ain't no trip to cleveland"-dignan

"a flute without holes is not a flute. a donut without a hole is a danish."-ty webb
Big Bob
From the Gecko

I am right handed but prefer left handed desks.

I perform every activity right handed except for shooting pool.

I often mess up my signature when people are watching.

When the shower curtains are sucked into the shower by the decrease in water pressure caused by the running water..i hate that..and i always try to stick them to the side of the shower, but it rarely works.

I find umbrellas to be obnoxious.

When people tell me that I'm weird, i consider it a compliment.

Ducks are cool..geese are jerks.

I always prefer what most people consider lunch/dinner food to breakfast food, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. I'm gonna eat that leftover Thai food in the fridge when i wake up tomorrow..regardless of the time.

I feel naked without my seat belt on if I am the driver.

I sleep best when the room is cold.

I sleep best when the sun is coming up.

The sun is gonna come up soon...goodnight.
tim
The Weight of Solomon

Big Bob wrote:Ducks are cool..geese are jerks.
so true, so true.
Tara
Alsoa

well I have OCD so I do a bunch of weird stuff associated with it. Like:

I cannot eat chinese take-out unless I have removed and thrown away the staples from the bag. Otherwise I assume the staples have fallen into my food and it bugs me out.

I sanitize the shopping cart before I put my daughter in it.

There's more i'm sure. I just can't think of them right now
Tara

"You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star." F. Nietzsche
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

my buddy givler has ocd really bad... this is his getting into and out of the car routine...

getting in:

unlocking the door, opening the door, wiping his ass for about a solid minute to make sure there is no dirt on it that he could track on the seats... then finally sitting down...

getting out...

get's out of the car, locks the doors, proceeds to check if all the doors are locked from the outside like 5 times each.. then goes to each door window and pushes up on them (almost making the car rock) to make sure that they are shut the whole way...

ocd is definately out there... James actually went a period without showering all that much, cause when he would it would take him (and I'm not kidding) like 1.5-2 hrs at which point he would come out of the shower looking like a crab because he scrubbed so hard...

but I love him... my little mexican mormon... (yeah... he's a trip... if I ever get a chance to introduce him to any of you, I'll make sure to do it... he's such a great guy!)

as for my weird habits... hmmm I'm sure that I have a boat load, but none come to mind... other than making fun of people that don't like to share tents.. yeah... I'm a dick... there I said it... now the air is cleared... :lol:
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver