Brian Jonestown Massacre?

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

sm
Beantown Rocker

Brian Jonestown Massacre?

anyone?

after i saw the Dig! dvd i wanted to pick up some stuff, so i had Teppid Peppermint Wonderland (2 disc compilation) on order for like 2 months.. it still hasnt come in, but i saw it another record store near my work, so i grabbed it. been lovin' it for the last couple days... recommended!
francis
From the Gecko

dig... what a wonderful flick that was. enjoy this movie too much. though my friend made me watch it about 3 times in 2 days, i enjoy every bit of it cause i seemed to miss out on pieces here and there.
-francis

order your precious swords!
get your free sword catalog!
k-real
Cumulus

BJM is the best rock and roll band to never live. At least that is how a friend and I used to describe them. we used to live in coventry village in cleveland (1997-99) and they frequented the old Grog Shop quite a bit. Simply put…they used to rock the f’n shit outta that place. I think Anton had a different lineup with him each time he rolled thru. Always more entertaining w/ Joel in the band. We got pretty drunk with them a couple of times, but no crazy stories. “Take It From the Man” and “Strung Out in Heaven” are both good discs as well, but I think a lot of those tracks are on Tepid Peppermint. DIG is a funny.
tim
The Weight of Solomon

i'll have to check these guys out.
sm
Beantown Rocker

there's a tune on the 2nd disc of teppid peppermint that i really love... i think its track 15... feel so good? is that what its called? something like that, anyways... but i've been wanting to get this one song, if someone knows it, or can point me in the right direction, help me out here, but its the song from the scene in the movie when all the dudes in BJM go to the dandy's new years eve show, but anton stays back in the studio/apartment and makes a record. the clip they show to illustrate that is like a spliced thing where the song builds up by way of these snippets of him recording all the pieces... the pieces themselves sound basically like shit, but then as the song builds up, it's fucking beautiful... absolutely... thats what hooked me on their tunes... had to have more... anyways, i dont recognize it from teppid peppermint anywhere, so.........
k-real
Cumulus

sm - I'll give DIG yet another view and figure out the song, it's not coming to me at the moment.

tim - you should definitely watch DIG. it makes me horny to party all nite every time.
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

k-real wrote:sm - I'll give DIG yet another view and figure out the song, it's not coming to me at the moment.

tim - you should definitely watch DIG. it makes me horny to party all nite every time.
:shock: what kind of movie is this
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
k-real
Cumulus

diesel -

its a DVD that chronicles the birth or re-birth or whatever of the neo-psychedelic sounds of the Brian Jonestown Massacre and the Dandy Warhols. one bands demise to mediocrity and anothers rise to stardom. The bands are followed over several years starting around 95 or so. they start out as friends/rivals and end up mortal enemies. or at least that is what the film leads one to believe. its narrated by Courtney Taylor of the Dandys. Anton Newcombe (leader of BJM) is the main character and he is defintely portrayed as a huge whiny asshole. he is a prick, but i think that it is a little one sided in all fairness to anton. the film won something at the Sundance Film Festival. The music is really great. anton is pretty visionary in both writing lyrics and music.

the last time i saw BJM they had 4 guitar players on stage. and it sounded good.
sm
Beantown Rocker

diesel - DIG! is one of the most rock n roll dvd's i've seen. if you like your rock and your roll and everything dirty that comes with, you'll dig on this.

k-real - you're the man! i cant believe you've seen BJM... i imagine it to be just beautiful madness... wish i was at that viper room show that's in the dvd. hahahahaha. :lol: