montreal anyone?

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

k-real
Cumulus

montreal anyone?

is anyone heading up to Montreal this weekend? i am leaving from portland, maine either thursday nite or friday am. wondering if anyone else is braving the petrol prices.
bouche
Alsoa

I'm 1.5 hours away (ottawa) and I can't go! fack! Is Nathan still in Montreal? If so, I'll freak if he joins in the fray. I know of 2 tapers that will be there, so at least there should be something out of it for those that aren't able to go.

I'm plenty excited for the Higher Ground show in October.
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

man, i wish i could go. i went two weeks ago to a pearl jam concert up there, and i had a blast. amazing city, beautiful people.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Katie
Invocation

Arggh. I'm an 1.5 hours away too, and I can't go either. I'm bummed... this is the first time I'll be missing a Montreal Slip show. (Long story short, my significant other has a gig in NYC Friday night and we've gotta get to Rochester on Saturday for a family thing, so I have to meet in him in Albany either Friday night or early Sat... and if The Slip set isn't until late, there's no way I could go and get some sleep before driving another 7 hours.) Damnit. Looking forward to Higher Ground even more now... and maybe Saratoga will fall into the picture.

Enjoy the show and the city, the Slip always pull-off something special there... and expect everything to go on pretty late (usually Le Swimming is open till 3am).
etahn
From the Gecko

I'm really tempted. Why couldn't they play on Saturday?
The world really is magic