deleting posts

Questions, suggestions & site announcements.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

ScS
From the Gecko

deleting posts

is there a grace period where you can delete posts. so if i posted something a few days ago, but now i'd prefer it not to be on the board, is there a way for me to do that or would it affect the flow of the thread? if someone responds to me, does that automatically mean that i cannot delete?

not a specific instance why i'm bringing this up, just curious.
scs
delray beach, florida
"democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey cage"-hl mencken

"on the run from johnny law...ain't no trip to cleveland"-dignan

"a flute without holes is not a flute. a donut without a hole is a danish."-ty webb
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

I think if it's your post you can do whatever you like.
ScS
From the Gecko

see, since you replied, i cannot delete my post. my guess is that that power belongs to the moderators.
scs
delray beach, florida
"democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey cage"-hl mencken

"a flute without holes is not a flute. a donut without a hole is a danish."-ty webb
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

if someone responds to me, does that automatically mean that i cannot delete?
I thought it was an ethics question, not programming. Interesting. I say if there is something you think should be deleted PM a mod with the link.
ScS
From the Gecko

i always retain the power to edit, so if i feel that i don't want something i've posted to stay on here, i can just edit it out.
scs
delray beach, florida

Phrazz

deletes and edits

I was curious about that and it might be just a config setting, but you can obviously edit which is nearly the same thing. Also, you can PM any of the Mods if you'd like them to delete it outright, and this also goes for posts that violate our Charter. Like if someone's smack-talking, that's only OK if it's not true. :lol: Anyhow...don't fear the reaper. Some posts just were never meant to go up in the first place. Remember, this is a dynamic place...the posts are meant to be flexible. Noone should ever complain about someone editing their own post!!!
torph
Alsoa

I had a problem (as did Phrazz, I think) with a post that showed up last week. I just posted my thoughts on the thread (Phrazz annonymously was a smart-ass)& Diesel was on it pretty quickly. I mean wouldn't you find it strange if you knew that people were debating what your "ethnicity" was? I'm anglo-euro-Panobscott, btw.