Certain special background

Questions, suggestions & site announcements.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

Certain special background

I know jeff was testing out a while ago a "special" red background. Was this everfinished and are we able to test it out.....

just wondering

daN
Last edited by Dan on Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JEFFfromNC

It was close to being finished, but I sort of retired the ideal when people expressed their dislike for the red graffiti style. If people want I can start working on it again, still needs a lot of tweeking.

You can see it here, but it will be very slow because you are pulling it from my home PC.

http://slipserver.serveftp.net/index.php
“We search for acceptance, yet we give not freely...”
"There is a lot more to people, then you might give them credit for."
Addictions: I spent many years unknowingly acquiring them, now I spend every minute trying to fight them.
gaboni

I like that, looks unique. I think blue and gold/yellow might be nicer than the graffiti colors. :idea:
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

yeah, although i really like what jeff designed i think it would compete with graffiti. i dont think we should compete with that in any shape or form. we want to co-exist.

so other colors and ideas will be definately be welcome. thanks for your work jeff!

others feel the same way?
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Phrazz

Jeff's Graffiti Style - a great piece of work

Hey Jeff,

I've never seen the "finished product" until now, and I have to comend you on excellent work. This is even better than Graffiti, and for those who like those colors, we should add the style as an option (not the default).

We're not "competing", we are offering a "skin". We already co-exist but compete in the sense this is newer technology and much more adaptable and user-friendly. Graffiti was cool in its day and still seems to get enough traffic (some people don't even know where SlipLive is yet), but its interface is a generation or two behind and is extremely frustrating to use if you ever want to search or edit posts.

For those with other color recommendations, do up your own style and we'll add it to the list. There are already other color combinations, but hacking a Style to the fullest extent is a lot of work and I had hoped that other Moderators would start to learn the ins and outs of this web thing (PHP, MySQL, CSS, HTML at least). This is worth thousands of dollars for anyone who already does computer-related work. It's a huge resume booster as well as being a creative outlet.

It would be a shame for all of Jeff's work to go to waste. I'm not saying use that as the default style, just let people use it if they choose.

Thank you, Jeff -- you do amazing work and when I have my own company I will hire you in a jiffy. ;-} I had thought that you were just busy and didn't realize that you felt we didn't like the style. I know there's been lots of talk about the "angry red background", but that's more of a joke than a reason to diss the style altogether.

-Phrazz
magpie
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

yeah man, that looks great!

personally, i'm not a fan of red, but it does give the board a definitive slip feel to it (associative memory, ya know).

the music staff in the background of each topic is an especially nice touch :D
<i>become...

but remember that you already
are</i>
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

so lets add it to the options. yes?
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
JEFFfromNC

Give me some more time and I will start working on it again.
Then we can add it and test it out.

Thanks for the positive feedback!!!!
Addictions: I spent many years unknowingly acquiring them, now I spend every minute trying to fight them.
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

any update on this Jeff? Just curious... and no.. your not allowed to have a life.. this project must consume every free second you have! :roll:
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
JEFFfromNC

Nope I haven't taken the time yet...
To busy with my Zymurgy hobby, Avery, and just life in general.
I'll try to get to it soon, but I am not making any promises. :wink: