What do you think is the best?!?

Photos of shows, people, places and things.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

tonygaboni
Beantown Rocker

edit: I cant figure out how to link the fuckin thing but its from the burlington set and its the image of the old man sitting on a bench with the kids in the background.

Im fond of the subject in this IMAGE, I think its an interesting IMAGE that youve taken with youre CAMERA. Im gonna spare you all the insane amount of babble I could write about art and just say I strongly encourage you to keep taking pictures and to try and realize why it is youre taking these pictures and what about them excites you to the point that you absolutely need to document them.

good day sir.
"One toke? You poor fool! Wait till you see those goddamn bats. "
Non-Fiction
Ambrosia Drunk

In following tony's fashion I am also going to try to spare much of what I could scribble about art....and I also cant get the image in here....but my pick is the album cover for Ogunquit, (the three adults with their backs to the viewer). Compared to your other photos it seems to have less obvious intentions. your presence as the documenter is quiet (perhaps because you are literally behind the scene) thats how I enjoy looking at a photo, I want to feel like the first person ever to view the moment and not be aware that somebody has so carefully contrived it for me. and when that feeling is achieved I know thats when your photo has the most honesty. When you have developed a completely natural relationship between you, your tool and your subject so that your photo becomes a picture of a truth unique to only you, is when you create the art rather than choosing the art (buildings, butterflies).

Anyway, I would love to see this photo in a sequence (same subjects but different views/time) side by side with it, like David Hilliard. Check it.

i forgot to warn you. dont become a brochure.
And if there's one thing I know to be true, it's let what you love be what you do.
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

mm, this is wonderful people!