Southpaw Photos

Photos of shows, people, places and things.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Phrazz

Southpaw Photos

Southpaw - Brooklyn - 12/28/04

http://www.phrazz.com/Pix/TheSlip/Southpaw2004
Del
Beantown Rocker

Great pics Phrazz! I even spotted some friends of mine in one of your crowd shots. (They travelled from Toronto for Brooklyn and Providence).
"I figured out what I'm good for, making anything look better" - Ugly Casanova
Katie
Invocation

Nice Phrazz. I like the variety of angels you managed to shoot from. Crowd shots are always neat to see too... though I always feel like a dork doing it when I'm taking pictures. Looks like lighting was tough at Southpaw, so much red and orange is always hard to work with. Did you shoot any in black and white?
sm
Beantown Rocker

great job, phrazz! thanks for sharing...

del - i spotted 'em, too.... nice.

katie - i know what you mean about taking crowd photos, and feeling a little strange sometimes... when i shot evolve this past summer, in so many of the crowds shot i have, there is someone, certainly not the focal point of the image, but someone, staring right into the camera... its weird... i mean, knowing you're being watched... but finding out later when you're cycling through them... i dunno, it always kinda weirds me out.

anyways................ i cant wait to see the slip playing larger stages... southpaw looks really crowded up there.
mango
Cumulus

photos -> being there

wish i stepped inside. me and my friend pj were actually there at southpaw, but weighing the fact that i had to make a 12:30am bus from port authority. so, we split, knowing full well that i needed to be out of brooklyn at like 11:30pm. but, these are some photos, and farmilliar faces... i really wish i stepped in, and finally met you and any other folks i've been chatting with on the board here.

happy 05
Phrazz

Crowd shots

I think every photographer feels uneasy at one point or another when trying to cover the audience. I think so many resent it--or are just expecting the blinding stab of the flash. I had to toss out a bunch of photos where the people just didn't seem too happy. Even still, it's rare to see shots when everyone is smiling. However, there are times when everyone's connected and that really shows in the photos...you see a wave that ripples through the crowd and everyone's in the same mind frame for an instant of time. In one of the Soutpaw pix I caught a couple smooching...cropped that out 'cuz they might find it embarrassing (particularly if that's not his girlfriend ;-}). I will take down photos that people don't want up...only a few times do I get these types of requests since most people like seeing themselves in pictures.

As for all these Canadians just roaming freely in New York City, I'm going to have to say something to my friends in the Border Patrol. :P
SamNo.2

If Kartzman really wanted a light that badly, he could have just asked me. ; )

Hope everyone's first week o' the year has been swimendous.

By the way, Phrazz, are the Lupo's/Diesel photos up anywhere yet?
etahn
From the Gecko

IMG_4478.JPG

Nice. Is that KT next to TK?
The world really is magic