Friday at UVM

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

BrentW
Get Me with Fuji

Friday at UVM

Hi All,

Does anyone have any additional info on the show this Friday at UVM? From what I hear it's an outdoor show and free. I think I heard there was an opener too. Does anyone know what time the Slip will hit the stage (website says 8pm but is that for the opener?). Anyway, can't wait for this one. Out of all the times I've seen them, I've never seen them play outdoors.

thanks
BW
Katie
Invocation

Re: Friday at UVM

Hi Brent, welcome to the board. I did a search of the UVM events webpage and found this:
http://www.uvm.edu/~bored/ wrote:
Friday Sept 15th:
OUTING CLUB FESTIVAL

"Featuring local outdoor gear vendors and ski areas. At 7:00 PM, San Francisco-based band, Ten Mile Tide, dishes out foot-stomping folk before Burlington-favorite, The Slip, takes the stage."
tyler
From the Gecko

sweet. so i take it it'll just be out on the main uvm green then. i'll be there.
Katie
Invocation

Setlist:
Airplane/Primitive
Even Rats
? (new tune)
Paper Birds
Soft Machine
The Shouters
Wine and White Soda
Sleepy Head

E: Get Me With Fuji
Baba O'Riley

Don't know the title of the new tune but I jotted down a few lyrics. Brad also played it at Higher Ground Wednesday. Soft Machine was introduced as a song "on the new album, which will be out soon..." sometime "after the pumpkins" but before Chirstmas. (Mmm hmm... we've heard that before. I love you guys, but I'll believe it when I see it. :wink: ) Brad played a cuica on the intro to Get Me With Fuji.

...and I had to leave in the middle of Baba O'Riley, was that it?
tyler
From the Gecko

Yep, that was it. And I think the new one was the one called "When You Were Young" or something to that extent. anyway it was a damn nice show, didn't see any tapers though so that's too bad. i managed to convert 2 more to Slip fandom so it was a good night.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

didn't see any tapers though so that's too bad.
You didn't look hard enough. I had a minion there. :wink:
tyler
From the Gecko

oh whoops. I had trouble seeing through all the plumes of smoke (cigarette smoke, cigar smoke, pot smoke, smokes I couldn't even identify...) to see any tapers.
BrentW
Get Me with Fuji

Yes, they were most excellent at UVM. It was great to see the crowd of mainly college students get into the music. They really brought the house down with Baba O'Riley. It was a beautiful night, lots of fun.