2/28/07 World Cafe Live Philadelphia, PA

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

tim
The Weight of Solomon

2/28/07 World Cafe Live Philadelphia, PA

Life in Disguise, Even Rats, All I Saw Was You, Portrait of a Scientist As A Young Man, First Panda>Soft Machine, Airplane/Primitive,There's a Lie, I Hate Love, Moderate Threat>Cowboy Up, Children of December, If One of Us Should Fall, Gaunt Debutante?, Weight of Solomon

e: Ooh Belle#, Suffocation Keep

?- just going by a setlist i saw sitting around, i stepped out for a smoke and a piss so i'm not totally certain.
#- again, just taking a gander. i had never heard this one before, it had lyrics about the devil.

i gotta admit that i haven't really checked out many of the live recordings from the last year so tonight was my first time hearing the re-worked 'all i saw' and 'weight' and also the first time i've heard songs like 'Portrait...'. i gotta say i think the new 'all i saw' is a total beast and the ending of 'portrait...' is badass. all and all it was a decent show. i think some of this stuff will take some warming up to on my behalf. not because it isn't good, just cause it's rather new to me. oh yeah, the venue is very nice, a great alternative to the TLA which i think is a dump.

An amazing show!

I could listen to Cowboy Up all night! And I was especially pleased to hear Ooh Belle live for the first time.
francis
From the Gecko

i really liked this venue.. also my first time hearing this new songs live and am still really enjoying "portrait..."
-francis

order your precious swords!
get your free sword catalog!
BrentW
Get Me with Fuji

I love these guys but I really wish they'd step out and expand their setlists. Listening to a lot of shows recently from that past 6 months and you can count on the same group of songs at every show. Kind of disappointing. (I know, dead horse topic)
tim
The Weight of Solomon

BrentW wrote:I love these guys but I really wish they'd step out and expand their setlists. Listening to a lot of shows recently from that past 6 months and you can count on the same group of songs at every show. Kind of disappointing. (I know, dead horse topic)
i hear ya and i think most of us would agree that'd we'd like to hear more variety but they're still in promo mode for the new album, between that and wanting to road test the even newer songs, that doesn't leave room for much else. there were alot of requests for honeymelon last night(and even someone yelling out for "live is my jumbo" :shock: ) and brad basically stated that it'll be a long time coming before those songs will be played again. at another point he said something to the effect of "i've heard all of your requests and ignored them" :lol:. love it or hate it, at least they're unaplogetic and i like to see them with that type of confidence.

oh yeah, forgot to mention there was new merch. a slip hoodie('bout time, people were requesting those things on graffiti a long time ago) and a t-shirt picturing a horse with a wooden peg leg, a tribute to barbaro perhaps?
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

So the taper I had for this show accidently brought a bag of diapers instead of his rig. Didn't have time to go back for the rig and obviously didn't record it. No other audience tapers at the show either. :cry:
magpie
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

accidently brought a bag of diapers instead of his rig
that is soooooo funny!
but,

damn. :(
<i>become...

but remember that you already
are</i>
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

One would think a taping rig would weigh more than a bag of diapers... oh well...
hoby
Flight of the Peruvian Dragonfly

harrymcq wrote:One would think a taping rig would weigh more than a bag of diapers... oh well...
If you've ever had to carry a bag of used diapers....

Sorry.