Revolution Hall - 3/21 ??

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

hoby
Flight of the Peruvian Dragonfly

Revolution Hall - 3/21 ??

So, is anybody else from the board going to be in Troy Wednesday night?

It's a much-coveted hometown gig for me. The only thing keeping me from attending will be this pesky bad back.

:cry:

Not giving up yet.

hoby
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

my head is too thick to go. I have some ear/throat thing happening. I think good ole Ed will be there rolling tape.
hoby

Ed Guidry?
tonygaboni
Beantown Rocker

the return to rev hall! ill be there, looks like its 21+ so hopefully we get a nice group
"One toke? You poor fool! Wait till you see those goddamn bats. "
hoby

tonygaboni wrote:the return to rev hall! ill be there, looks like its 21+ so hopefully we get a nice group
21+? Wow, the throngs of Skidmore students that love BAM will be bumming! They made up a sizeable portion of the crowd at the last couple of BAM shows in the area. (It was so cute to watch the co-eds cooing and giggling over 'Droo.)

Anyway, Tony, if you want to say hello I'll most probably be sitting up in the balcony. I'll have on a black "Parkway Music" cap.

hoby
appleofmyeye
Alsoa

lol, cooing and giggling over....as some say here "The Andrew" ;} you gotta admit if you are gay or a woman they are all quite the lookers. can't blame the girls can u?

Hoby, did you go last night? AND if you did...did you get a setlist?

looking forward to sf over here on the west coast!
take care all and have a wonderful time tonight.

R
hoby

appleofmyeye wrote:you gotta admit if you are gay or a woman they are all quite the lookers. can't blame the girls can u?

I'm not gay, nor am I a woman, yet I'll freely admit that they're all quite the lookers. Can't blame the girls at all.
Hoby, did you go last night?

Sorry, no. Tonight's my one shot at Slippage.
take care all and have a wonderful time tonight.
Thanks. I'll post the setlist when I get home.

h
hoby

The Slip @ Revolution Hall - 3/21/07

One Set - 2 hours long

Broke The Promised Land
All I Saw Was You
Even Rats
You Were The Worst At Predicting The Rain
Portrait of the Scientist As A Young Man
Suffocation Keep
First Panda in Space > Soft Machine
Gaunt Debutante
There's A Lie
Ooh Belle
Airplane/Primitive
Weight of Solomon
Children of December

Encore:
Happy Birthday to some guy in the crowd >
Life In Disguise
Moonlight Mile

Wow. Just plain f*ckin' WOW. Full review/analysis to follow.

To answer the most important question: Yes, Ed was there and it was taped. Barring technical difficulties, it'll be up on etree in a couple of days.

P.S. Woohoo girls suck. I'll explain later.

hoby
tonygaboni
Beantown Rocker

woohoo girls were all over last night. It was an odd mix and low turnout which was awesome cause there was so much room to dance and they played great. I really liked the reworked all I saw was you. Predicting the rain was a highlight. It was my first time hearing Gaunt and I was definately suprised. Im not sure if any of you know rev hall but during COD brad took off to the ladder and began to climb to the second floor and proceeded to rock from the balcony while they finished the tune. Really fun night, plenty of rock within these slower tunes. Sorry I didnt find you hoby, I would have liked to meet another sliplive cat but I was in a hurry to get home with my early class this morning. Patiently awaiting youre solid review. 8)
appleofmyeye
Alsoa

thanks guys ;} i'm really glad to see predicting the rain making it's way back. that is one great song indeed. beautiful. i wonder if they'll be busting out SONG or cut from the cloth again soon. oh man wouldn't be cool to hear that one that was only played a few times, prism or brazilian, was it? i like that one.

i'm embarrased to say but, i've been a woohoo girl...when i drink too much beer and whiskey, i can get kinda loud and annoying. i yell like a banshee though oppsed to the woohooo!!!!

i'm working on it all...lol
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

They played Cut from the Cloth a few times in the Fall which was awesome. Is it Miss Prism which you're talking about? I like that tune.
tonygaboni
Beantown Rocker

harrymcq wrote:They played Cut from the Cloth a few times in the Fall which was awesome. Is it Miss Prism which you're talking about? I like that tune.
i like the tune a lot also, id love to see that and wine and white soda back into regular rotation.
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

Which one? Also Wine and White Soda seems to get played fairly frequently. I wonder if it will be on the next album...
tonygaboni
Beantown Rocker

harrymcq wrote:Which one? Also Wine and White Soda seems to get played fairly frequently. I wonder if it will be on the next album...
i was talking thinking of miss prism, although cut from the cloth would be appriciated, i have one or two shows with it and i absolutely love it. Youre right about wine and white soda, ive been fortunate enough to catch it a couple times. Its easily grown to one of my favorite tunes.
MATT
Get Me with Fuji

appleofmyeye- its funny when they started predicting the rain in charlotte, the friends i was with and i all looked at each other and said "song?" and then as it sounded more and more like it, i started to write it on the setlist, and then into predicting the rain they went, which i was quite pleased with...both songs are great great songs that fall of 03 and spring of 04 was something else..