Independent Night 1 Set List

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

bear
From the Gecko

Independent Night 1 Set List

1: The Landing^ > Children of December^, Even Rats, There's A Lie, The Shouters, Weight of Solomon, Broke the Promised Land, Black Telephone

2: intro > The Soft Machine, If One of Us Should Fall^, Get Me With Fuji, Wine and White Soda, Poor Boy >Long Way to the Top > Poor Boy, Drown in My Tears*^, Steel Drum Zion**^

E: Heartbreaker***

^ w/ horns. Rob on Trombone (he played on "Next Time You See Me" at the Ivy last summer) and Casey on tenor sax. * Ray Charles cover? ** Brad on drumkit, Andrew on steel drum, Marc on guitar. basically a jam but there were lots of "Zion" teases. *** Led Zeppelin cover, ftp?

amazing show. review to come but its too late at night. cant wait for tomorrow!
"if there's one thing I know to be true, let what you love be what you do"

http://www.talkingaboutcommas.com
http://www.liesanddreams.blogspot.com
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

Great show! I feel like tomorrow is going to take it over the top however. Independent felt about 2/3rds - 3/4 full. Got to meet some sliplivers, bear, mags and John & torph and of course always good to see my buddy lumpy. 3 tapers running, good stuff, listening to my tape right now. The band was pretty fired up, maybe partially because Brad and Andrew's mom was in the house.

My first Broke & Black Telephone. Didn't recognize Drown in My Tears but everyone kept saying it was a Ray Charles Song. Steel Drum Zion was also on the jazzy/trippy side of things. The Shouters was epic. I heard a "song" tease before There's A Lie I think. Wine and White Soda was great, January called it on the drive over and it seemed to blow lumpy's head off. Heartbreaker was great! Could have been a couple of minutes longer but it was late.

Can't wait for tomorrow, I should get some sleep!
Last edited by harrymcq on Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

Oh, and the black strat seems to have been replaced by a SG which Marc and Brad were playing. Marc's Guild Starfire was nowhere to be seen, he played a Fender most of the night plus his foot pedals and keys. The horn players were in the band that opened last year at the Ivy Room, Dissapear Incompletely and nicely added to the parts they played. I was really hoping that they were going to play You'll Find A Home but alas, it didn't happen. I am hoping for a Chrysanthemum tomorrow....
magpie
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

harry,
it was a pleasure to meet you!
i hope to have the chance to meet more of the sliplive folks tonight...

stellar show last night,
that heartbreaker blew my mind (as if it weren't blown enough already),
can't wait for tonight!!
<i>become...

but remember that you already
are</i>
T-man
Cumulus

Maybe Rob Ewing on Trombone