Allgood Festival

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Rob Turner
Cumulus

Allgood Festival

My apologies if this is old information. The Slip performed a late night 45 minute at AllGood Festival. It was pretty interesting because moe. was finishing up their first set (their later second set would be a SuperJam with members of Perpetual Groove, New Monsoon, Grace Potter's Band, Tea Leaf Green, The Bridge, AOD and other bands all sat in at various times) on the main stage and I hung on the rail by the side stage awaiting The Slip's performance.

Andrew and Marc alternated between watching moe. from the stage and quietly playing along with them. Once Brad had his equipment all set he jumped down from the stage and introduced himself to folks in the front row and shared what tasted like moonshine with anyone willing to imbibe as moe. was blasting through "Crab Eyes" on the larger stage to the left. It made for a nice moment and when they opened with a charged, if maybe slightly close-to-the-vest version of "Children of December" all of us up front were entirely with them fromma da getgo. "Even Rats" was more extended than usual, with Brad throwing some stunning stunt guitar riffs - this song was starting to become the least interesting Ike song in a live setting but they seem to now be making an effort to explore within its limits now. The band was on fire at this point so the ensuing "Get Me With Fuji" was executed with considerable muscle and more exploration than other recent versions I've seen/heard. "Soft Machine" was absolutely majestic, everyone around my li'l spot up front was sharing knowing glances as the boys took us on a gorgeous ride, particularly Friedman. I had a drummer near me who at this point was completely floored by Androoooo, which is always fun to hear/see.

They closed the set with a real treat for me, as I had not heard "Weight of Solomon" live in over eight years. It was a surprising choice, a stunning reading, and I was not the only one mesmerized.

I wish I had more specific details, but suffice to say there was a dizzying amount of delicious interplay given the short set time. The boys made the best use of the time as I could imagine.

Children of December
Even Rats
Get Me With Fuji
First Panda in Space
The Soft Machine
Weight of Solomon
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

im glad they played well and you enjoyed the set. i was considering going to this fest mostly for the duo and the slip, but i probably would have been ticked with a 5 song set.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH