Androo, Marco, Reed, Timo Tonight at the RegattaBar!!

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Androo, Marco, Reed, Timo Tonight at the RegattaBar!!

Anyone comin?
stephen
Lion on a Rock

Oh most definately. I bought my ticket early, so I should be up on one of the pimp seats. Should I be on the lookout for a guy setting up some mics? I don't think I've had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Tone yet.
tonygaboni
Beantown Rocker

care to share a word for US?
"One toke? You poor fool! Wait till you see those goddamn bats. "
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Well I am no good reviews. The show was pretty packed. All sit down and stare type of crowd. There was a baby grand piano. The signal was returned to the stage so Marco could run the baby grand through some effects. He aslo had this brand new pedal that I am not sure if it is even on the market. I think it was called Hot Hands. It was like a Theramin meets a Wiimote sort of. There was a controller that you put on your finger and you can effect the sound by moving you hand in space. I didn't have a good view of him using it though. Timo and Grayson sat in for a couple of tunes including a nice Mephisto at the end. The set was about 75 minutes or so. They played almost all tunes by Marco. Maybe not as much stretching out as I might have liked to have seen from this lineup. They sounded great though. A pleasure to watch for sure. Maybe I'll get something on youtube someday. I had a monitor shit the bed on me. I have to ship it to CA and I'll be working on my old monitors for a couple of weeks. There were maybe 4 tapers all recording from the front of the stage.
tyler
From the Gecko

That new effect sounds like it might be a Kaoss Pad, or something similar?
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

No. This thing is not even on the market yet. I think it was called Hot Hands but I can't recall. It's brand new and uses the technology that the wii introduced. Kaoss pads have been out for many years. You can manipulate sound with your hand in mid air. There is no touch pad at all. There is a pedal with a transmitter/receiver that goes to a small sensor that straps to your finger. There are at least two models. This one was gray and the other is orange I think the girl said. The colored one does flange and phase and this one does something else, maybe pitch and volume. I am not too sure. He had it for all of an hour before taking he stage.

EDIT:

found it...

http://www.musictoyz.com/guitar/pedals/hothand.php

some YouTube clips:

http://youtube.com/user/hothandeffects
tonygaboni
Beantown Rocker

that sounds amazing :shock:
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

footage on BostonNOW.com
tonygaboni
Beantown Rocker

i cant imagine what the rest of the show was like if that was the first song, fuck mang!
soraparuq
Mudslide

what program will play this file?

hey all,
having trouble opening/playing this .flv ? file via winamp or mediaplayer...
any suggestions on what else will play it?

PSYCHED re the SMMD INdy show! was hopin they'd get back out here, but was beginnin to lose the faith.... and 2 for the Cruz? woooohooo!

and, hell, woulda loved to HAVE known Brad was playin solo at the Yankee b4 last yrs summer run....never heard a peep 'bout that till NOW. uzsum lucky folks last wkend @ MattMurphy's! :o really hope that tape may circulate.

v. cool to hear Marc & Droo'll b playin w/ Natalie next month too! Ms. Merchant being 1 of my all time fav's...aaaaaahhh, supercool.

hope 2c some of y'all at the Yankee Sunday for Mr. Moore. (REALLY sucks Nathanson won out in that rollingstone w/ like 40% MORE votes, tho. tragedy.)
peace,
Dana
All the years combine they melt into a dream
A broken angel sings from a guitar...
And when you hear that song come crying like the wind
it seems like all this life was just a dream
Stella Blue ----Robert Hunter said