Hell Yeah! The Slip are playing Club Cafe on Oct 11th

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

Hell Yeah! The Slip are playing Club Cafe on Oct 11th

In Pittsburgh!! I'm freaking stoked.. taping will be difficult though cause Club Cafe are douche bags about taping.. even if the band allows it... small room.. I'm not a fan of the place.. but it's probably better suited for the crowd they'll pull, last couple times they've been here it's been lackluster.. none the less... I'm stoked!
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

It is a Sonya Kitchell date... not sure if they will be playing their own set but I kind of doubt it...
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

so they'll be her back up band.. oh.. that's not the way that Opus one billed it.. I'll have to wait and see..
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
pete
Get Me with Fuji

Wow. I'm all atwitter (of course, I might just be a twit).

So what's the deal with Kitchell? I remember Brad doing something with her a year or so ago, but I'm rather surprised that they're backing her.

Is this a completely new setup, or have they backed her before? If they have, I'd sure like to hear what they sound like.
"Expressing a human need, I've always wanted to write a book that ended with the word Mayonnaise."
-Brautigan
pete
Get Me with Fuji

Huh. I was not aware of Brad and Andrew collaborating on her new album. I've only caught a taste so far on her Myspace page, but I'm definitely going to have to get my hands on it when it comes out.
"Expressing a human need, I've always wanted to write a book that ended with the word Mayonnaise."
-Brautigan
putty
From the Gecko

yeah, this sounds pretty good. hadn't heard of this either.
putty
From the Gecko

and upon further investigation, it seems she's only 19 or so years old.
pete
Get Me with Fuji

I just downloaded the new album's single Here to There from iTunes. (My first and last iTunes purchase - it's back to Amazon for me). It's pretty damn good. Brad is listed as co-composer.
-Brautigan
bear
From the Gecko

yeah, they're playing at the iron horse too - it's just a sonya kitchell show though, doubt there will be a slip set
"if there's one thing I know to be true, let what you love be what you do"

http://www.talkingaboutcommas.com
http://www.liesanddreams.blogspot.com
tyler
From the Gecko

there's a show at Higher Ground billed as "Sonya Kitchell and The Slip". no blurb on the event page about The Slip though, only Sonya Kitchell. so, another vote for backing band only. so I'm assuming this won't exactly be Surprise Me Mr. Davis-esque in collaborative nature.
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

yeah.. I'm really having a dilema... I have to choose my shows wisely now that the Elly is here.. plus I'm not a fan of club cafe.. we'll have to see though.. gonna try and listen to the album and decide from there.. the shows not til october though, so maybe I'll wait to see what happens/what the word is after the tour starts...
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
Captain Sammy
Poor Boy

Sonya Kitchell and The Slip to Create a Storm this Fall

magpie
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

i'd say it seems pretty obvious that they're only her backing band (as it clearly states they are her backing band). some of those comments (after the article), sheesh, did they even read it?
<i>become...

but remember that you already
are</i>
stephen
Lion on a Rock

It looks like this Surprise Me Mrs. Davis tour is going to keep the Slip occupied for the entire fall. Gotta say it: I'm really disappointed that the Slip don't want to play as the Slip anymore.... :cry: For all the great times they've given me, I've got to give them carte blanche to do whatever they want, but geeze fellahs.....come back!
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

I find jambase comments can be pretty stupid, at least people aren't flaming each other or talking about how the Disco Biscuits kick The Slip's ass or something...

I do think The Slip are going to come back some day, it was a really good sign that there were a couple new songs and covers at High Sierra, I'd be a little surprised if they were writing material for the last shows ever. I kind of got the feeling though that they wanted to take ALL of 2008 off but High Sierra managed to talk them into those two shows...