SET LIST: 12.27.08 Paradise Rock Club, Boston, MA

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

i was right behind him, a fellow slipliver and i think marc put it out there to strum...

word has it that Driving Backwards with You was on the list but the technical difficulties prevented it :'(
bear
From the Gecko

damn. love that tune! Harry bummed I missed you. I was walking around during the duo but stayed put andrew side for the slip. have fun at new years y'all!

i did notice some kind of christmas song quote during the landing but i'm not sure what it was.
"if there's one thing I know to be true, let what you love be what you do"

http://www.talkingaboutcommas.com
http://www.liesanddreams.blogspot.com
tyler
From the Gecko

Dan wrote:i was right behind him, a fellow slipliver and i think marc put it out there to strum...

word has it that Driving Backwards with You was on the list but the technical difficulties prevented it :'(
agh don't tell me that!
etahn
From the Gecko

what about teasing The Weight before IOOU? I think they might've done that for the 2/3 of the Low Anthem in the crowd.
The world really is magic
bitchtits
Alsoa

ahhh what a great time great friends and great music. thanks guys for that tinderbox.....one of my fav tunes when i posted it on what i wanted to hear i didnt think that you would play it F#@k. Happy new year to all
Thrice you have rescued me from falling grace;
once when I was a beggar and you were the rain on my face,
once when I was crippled and you carried me,
and once when the blindness of others taught me how to see.

BeatingHippies
Ambrosia Drunk

My buddies and I caught the Weight tease too! What a fun show. Clinton's recording is great!
-BH
Phrazz

amazing show...sorry we missed some people

I looked around as much as I could between shooting and partying with many friends. We were on the left side middle tier, taking over all the way from VIP to the wall. Stayed mostly on that side, but I did stray over to get shots of Andrew. That middle column is between Marc & Andrew so it was easier to get shots of all of them from Brad's side.

What an incredible show! I'm elated they busted out so many classics, including the special requests (like Autobody...holy shenanigans!).

Yeah, I heard that about Driving, too...prob. a bad device or instrument. I know they had to borrow an amp for the keys. Things always get bumped in the night...with so much gear, something's bound to not work at any given show. That's also a lot of Rubio's doing...he's becoming quite the gearhead lately. Can change a string in three minutes flat. ;)

I tried to get a shot of the setlist on stage...someone who could see it said they varied on at least a few tunes...but I don't care what they didn't play, I'm as happy as a clam about what they did play!!!

Friggin' phenomenally phun and emotionally uplifting show. I have a sneaky feeling NYE is also going to be completely EPIC. I've also heard good rumors about MMJ (special guest, like Jeff Coffin, etc, etc, etc) so I bet special guests will be on the rock club prowl circuit for late-night. Where better to hit late-night than BB King's? Or the Blue Note? I'm hoping for a certain sit-in, but I won't even mention it because it would be the sit-ins of all sit-ins (for me anyways)...it is plausible, which is why I don't want to jinx it.

If you are heading to NYC for NYE, take a train or a bus 'cuz the snow's supposed to start around 6 AM tomorrow. 3 to 6" or more, cold later and could get some sleet or freezing rain mixed in! I was going to drive, but decided against it, so I'm taking rail now...which is about what I'd pay for gas, tolls, parking and hassles driving (extra time, too: 4 hours turns into 6 to 8 real fast). BB's should sell out soon. GET TIX NOW!!!

Happy New Year, Homeslices!!!

-Phrazz

P.S.: If you're not doing SMMD/Duo or Soulive at the Paradise, what are you doing for NYE? Lots of great shows out west, too...especially Bay Area. BTW, Soulive will have horns...at least Ryan and Sam K., maybe more. They were both at the 930 Club show, also with Nigel Hall...they RIPPED IT UP!! Did a couple Lettuce tunes, too...and an awesome "Tighten UP!" New CD won't be out apparently til mid Jan or so. Shucks.

Also, if Soulive at the 'Dise is also not sold out by now, it will be soon. Tonight's Soulive is sold out.

One last note: The 930 Club has finally replaced all lights and sound gear. They have open sight lines all the way across, even in the front. It's got to be one of the top 5 rooms on the east coast now. Amazing sound ... Sammy had it tweaked perfectly Sunday night. Film at 11. ;)
magpie
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

you guys better enjoy the heyzues out of smmd on nye for all us folks who can't be there!!

think i'm going to phil in SF, if i can find a ticket without being scalped. ;)
<i>become...

but remember that you already
are</i>
bear
From the Gecko

why would "the weight" tease be for the Low Anthem? I think it was because they were waiting for Marco to get his rig figured out, a musical play on words, if you will....on 2nd thought, they should have teased Tom Petty's "The Waiting"...

ethan, you love TLA entirely too much...
"if there's one thing I know to be true, let what you love be what you do"

http://www.talkingaboutcommas.com
http://www.liesanddreams.blogspot.com
r.c.
Yaki Soba

great to see all again.

Not that I had any, but the Show exceeded all expectations, palpable electricity in the air, great set, and I repeat, that it was wonderful to meet all of you again, hope it can be done again soon.
Phrazz

amenski!