slip mini-tour

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

lumpy
From the Gecko

First spot I saw the slip was the Iron Horse in 99 - I remember having a fantastic spot next to Androo (right by the front door I guess). I really like that venue, and the town is fun too. Too bad that recordings are getting trickier.

Come on out to Quincy Cleantone! If there's anything I can do to help make it happen (help with food, camping shit, a ride from the bay area, saving you tent space) let me know. You've helped me out with so many recordings over the years, I'd love to pay back the favors![/quote]
magpie
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

ah yes... and if you come out to quincy, cleantone, then you can follow back to the bay area afterward for the *cough cough* post-high sierra festivities with some of our *cough cough* favorite people... ;)
<i>become...

but remember that you already
are</i>
Phrazz

High Sierra

Cleantone wrote:I'll be at the 1st two at least. Maybe NYC as well. I am not too jazzed about the Ironhorse. From what I understand the owner is getting more and more anti recording. But it is a fun venue and pretty close to me. I'd like to go to HSMF but I doubt I will. Anyone know how hard it is to get from an airport to HSMF?
If you go to High Sierra, try to fly into Reno Wed. night. Reno is about 1.5 hours but San Francisco is over 4 hours. Let's coordinate via email if you decide to go.

I can't swing Paradise this time (wedding previous weekend in Boston), but I'm definitely going to the Bowery and Philly shows. I wouldn't be surprised if they added Burlington a night or so before the NoHo show.

-Phrazz
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

(mini) tour and an album teaser. wowsers!

hi everybody!
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
johnhk4
Beantown Rocker

the slip

BAM is back! the board springs alive!!
John from CT / wheaton college, MA
booher

Man I'd love to go to the Iron Horse and the Paradise, and I've already got tickets to the 'dise, but it might be hard to drive around that much in two days.
Katie
Invocation

Jeez, I leave town for a week and don't check the boards, and the Slip makes big announcements?! Yet another reason why I should go on vacation more often!

I'm down for Noho and Boston! Hmm, Higher Ground doesn't have anyone booked in the main stage on 06/23. *crosses fingers* They seemed to cut back on the number of summer shows last year though, with college kids gone and people traveling for shows less, it's harder to fill the room.

Cleantone, if you can find an affordable flight out to High Sierra from Boston (or elsewhere in New England/New York), let me know. I've been wanting to go for years, but never have anyone to travel with. 8)
bradm
Beantown Rocker

I've convinced jibooer (like me, a taper; he lives in Montreal) to go on the Northeast mini-tour, and we've got tickets for all the shows. :)

His wife, who's going to be doing to driving, wasn't really looking forward to the 8-10 hour drive back from Philly to Montreal, so I suggested we consider stopping overnight at the halfway point, which would be about Albany, NY.

He e-mailed me yesterday: Yonder Mountain String Band (live recordings of which are available here) is on their own summer tour, and is playing in Troy, NY (right beside Albany) on Sunday, June 28. I just got our tickets.

Four nights of The Slip followed by a night of YMSB? Sign me the heck up! :D

Aloha,
Brad
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

nice brad..

still hoping for fall dates.. optimistically...
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
bitchtits
Alsoa

yea thats going to be a great show..i havent seen YMSB in years and its right in my backyard 8)
Thrice you have rescued me from falling grace;
once when I was a beggar and you were the rain on my face,
once when I was crippled and you carried me,
and once when the blindness of others taught me how to see.

tom
Ambrosia Drunk

girl and baby going to visit family, i'm in for all four shows!!! CANNOT WAIT! See you'll there! Saw Fenway Phish last night, so sick! Nice to see a fan with a slip shirt out there. Off to Jones Beach this week. See you guys at the iron horse.
bitchtits
Alsoa

was it a red slip shirt? old school slanted logo? cause i saw the saw the same guy, after seeing that show....a slip shirt in the crowd made my night 8)
Thrice you have rescued me from falling grace;
once when I was a beggar and you were the rain on my face,
once when I was crippled and you carried me,
and once when the blindness of others taught me how to see.

bradm
Beantown Rocker

I'm heading out the door soon, to get to Montreal tonight so jibooer and his wife and I can hit the road tomorrow morning for Northampton. See everybody on tour! If you spot a guy (usually taping, except for Northampton, probably) in Canadian garb (including a "nero" t-shirt; nero opened for The Slip in Ottawa back in May, 2003), stop in and say hi.

Aloha,
Brad
booher

Awesome. Make sure you post the set list!
bear
From the Gecko

no worries booher...i usually have the setlists on lock down. I'll be there tonight & tomorrow.
"if there's one thing I know to be true, let what you love be what you do"

http://www.talkingaboutcommas.com
http://www.liesanddreams.blogspot.com