Barr Bros, 5/22/12 @ S.P.A.C.E. Greatest show of my life.

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

stlbadger
Poor Boy

Barr Bros, 5/22/12 @ S.P.A.C.E. Greatest show of my life.

(In storytelling form)

Hello all, this is my first post on this website. Registered an account just to post this.

My friend Randy and I (who just turned 21) drove about 7 hours to see this show, which was at S.P.A.C.E. in Evanston, IL, a little ways above Chicago. We're from Saint Louis, and had seen them last year when they luckily came through our hometown. That was a great show, too. We helped them carry gear and hung out. Back story: Randy and I, along with a few other friends of mine, are huge fans of The Slip (so much so that our band recorded a cover of Airplane/Prim and put it on our free EP).

We arrived before the show and Brad immediately recognized us as the guys from Saint Louis. That was super cool. We chatted for a bit before he had to sound check, then we went to get some food. We came back to the venue when doors opened, and got some good seats. Per usual they opened with Beggar, but highlights for me were Kisses From Chelsea, Devil's Harp and of course, Darkness Has Arms. I was surprised they didn't play Lord, I just can't keep from crying.

After the show we went behind the venue and hung out with the guys. Then it got a bit more awesome. Brad invited us into the green room, handed us a couple beers and we just talked music, bands, life on the road, and a bunch of other stuff. We all hung out for like two hours. It was the greatest experience of my life, probably. Randy and I were given these awesome posters that the venue had printed for the show, and all of the band signed both of them, along with the opener Kishi Bashi.

This band is seriously such an inspiration to young musicians like us, and you can tell they really love music and value each other, their friends and their fans, who are one in the same.
lucasdavidsamuels
Through the Iron Gate

Re: Barr Bros, 5/22/12 @ S.P.A.C.E. Greatest show of my life

Sounds like an awesome time dude! The guys are super nice, always willing to stop and chat. Very good remembering names and faces. They definitely value their fans and the music gets better with every show!

Welcome to the community!
Twitter: @lucsamuels
stlbadger
Poor Boy

We're planning to fly to the east coast for a show when the next album comes out. Time to start saving!
bear
From the Gecko

Great story, sounds like an epic night. Can't say enough how genuine, talented and friendly these guys (and gal) are. Good to see the music keeps spreading and turning people on.
"if there's one thing I know to be true, let what you love be what you do"

http://www.talkingaboutcommas.com
http://www.liesanddreams.blogspot.com
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

Thanks for the review, sounds like fun! Welcome to the board, always good to have some new blood here!
Rob Turner
Cumulus

Killer first post Stlbadger.

Great to read!!!