Narrow's

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

torph
Alsoa

Narrow's

well people, i'm really not sure how to begin a thread on New Near's. I've heard alot of people saying it was their best show ever. I can't say if it was or it wasn't, but the sheer amount of people I hear making that claim suggests something big happened. I'll just say that I haven't seen Jason Booth front & center moving like that in a long fucking time. Tim, i'd like to hear you have to say... and everyone else who was there. :!:
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Fred,

It was one of my top few shows for sure. Unbelievable song bust outs and sick version of them taboot. Great people and vibe at the Narrows. I am still recovering from it all. How was your afterparty. I probably should have went their instead, we ended up untill after 8am. I woke up at noon and drove home. my only dislike of that venue is the floor moving so much my mics swing all around. I can't hear it on the recording though...
Katie
Invocation

It definately had the feeling that we were witnessing something special. It's been a long time since I've seen everyone having that good of a time and dancing so much. It was great to hear them really nail some of the older tunes as if they still played them all the time... you could tell they put some time and effort into playing a show especially for the people who've been sticking it out with them through the years. You know, I still smile just thinking about moments from that show. :)

Thanks for taping Clinton, I know Narrows isn't the easiest venue to work with. I'll post some pictures when I get around to it (I'm still recovering from the lack of sleep.)
JV
Get Me with Fuji

Cleantone wrote:I can't hear it on the recording though...
wish i was there
cant wait to hear it
happy new year all...

clinton, if you still have a dial up internet connection ill host a torrent and post the show on the slip server if you'd like...

jvphish@gmail.com

it was beautiful, best slip show ive ever seen, my only complaint was that there was this one annoying girl next to me who kept screaming super loud in my ear

ah well, it was worth it to hear all the stuff they played, i mean take a look at that setlist, hard to beat
warmsoftsimplewonder
Ambrosia Drunk

Where is the setlist?

Can't find it on Slipbase.
tim
The Weight of Solomon

really... what can be said about nye? words can't do it justice and no matter how good the tapes turn out(thanks cleantone) they won't tell the whole story either. you had to be there and luckily most of us were. the energy in that room was like nothing else. it wasn't a concert or a show it was fucking party and what a party it was. it was confirmed for me that something truly special was going down when they played honey melon IN THE FIRST SET! everyone there turned that place out, nothing but smiles and people seriously getting down. just seeing how much fun the crowd and the band were having seriously made my night. at points it seemed like we were all playing them. one of the many thoughts that ran through my head all night long was what does 2005 hold in store for BAM? with the new album due out will this be their breakout year? i can honestly say that if we have to turn them over to the masses in '05 then i am totally comfortable doing so on this note. i'm unwilling to say this or any other slip show i've seen is "the best" because every slip show i've seen holds a special spot in my heart but this one will always be right up there with some select others at the top of the list.
Phrazz

Narrows setlist

Here's where you can find the NYE setlist:

http://www.phrazz.com/slipbase/frame_index.html

12-31-04: Narrows Center For the Arts - Fall River MA
Set 1: A Little More Jill intro->interruption by Meowskers*->Phase One->Cumulus^->From The Gecko->Mt. Zion, meowskers speaks**, Honey Melon, Yellow Medicine.
Set 2: feedback/spacey intro->Hey Worrier, You Might Say->meowskers rant/countdown->Childern of December#->The Entertainer&->Johnny's Tune->Else->Blue Moon->Else.
Set 3: Paper Birds->clapping jam$->A Little More Jill, More About Me@, Proud!, (people speak in the mic, Sam introduced the next song), Joe Highley~, Suffocation Keep
Encore: What's So Funny->Auld Lang Syne->About Peace, Love and UJnderstanding, If One Of Us Should Fall%

Notes: *"the New Year is lost, and must be found". ^ unfinished version. ** "The Slip Time Continuum". # for Rosie, whose birthday it was on the 1st of January, in the middle BAM sang happy birthday for her. & Scott Joplin tune. $ screaming accompaniment by Matt (meowskers) Rudnicki. @ With the beautiful goddess Sara Azriel. ! new lyrics towards the end, probably improvised by Brad to welcome in 2005 "I'm so alive, in 2005!". ~dedicated to, and requested by Ian Kaley. % best performance of this song in it's history, the band was almost forced into a second encore but wanted to end on that note, smart idea. happy new years y'all!

Betty <furbally1ATaol.com> - Sat Jan 1 16:09:38 EST 2005
torph
Alsoa

Jason Booth
Mon Jan 03 2005 @ 7:34 PM
Re:> the dirt?

The snowball fight *in* the hotel after the lupo's show was fun, but hitting tim in the face with a snowball during the new years show was just too clasic..

The setlist freakin rocked though; I haven't danced into a sweat that hard at a Slip show in years..

[post a reply]
Ha!! Even the man himself knows it... :wink:
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Where the fuck is the recording of this anyway. Whats taking this asshole soooo long? It better sound good.
tim
The Weight of Solomon

i heard the taper who was there likes to sit on his tapes :roll:
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

You heard that wrong, I heard he shits on crepes.
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

what a douche, i heard hes going to the schleigho / oshe show. im thinkin of going to the show just to shove that stand up his ass.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

get it right, it's "schleighoshe"

seriously, I encourage everyone to come celebrate my birthday. side note, I may be celebrating at the Narrows on the 7th too, migh as well. (my bday = 8th)
tim
The Weight of Solomon

either way he's an asshole. i talked to him at narrows,

me-"hey man thanks for taping! want some champagne?"

taper- "yeah sure, i've been waiting all night for you to piss in my mouth"

me-"huh? well ok. ummm, when do you think the show will circulate?"

taper-"i hope you know this isn't my only project right now. first i have to master the tapes of your mother's post show gangbang...that's going to take weeks to get the levels just right. i want to make sure the screams are at the perfect levels. next i have to get to work on the particle holiday run. that's definitely at the top of my list. you know those guys actually pay me money right? for christ's sake, all the work i'm doing here and all i'm getting in return is this fucking slipPeace t-shirt. hey look there's brad, why don't you go ask him why he rips off broken social scene or something. i got work to do."