Oshe's last show

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

SpaceIsThePlace
Alsoa

Oshe's last show

Oshe just announced via Myspace that they will be playing with the Slip and Percy Hill at the secret Colgate University gig (did the post concerning that get modded?; I couldnt find it. If so I apologize for drawing attention to it again). However this will be their last show. What a shame. This is a band that had the raw talent and the drive to become huge in the scene. I guess they struggled with marketing themselves and Ken Love's unexpecting quiting of the band last year. But still, what a bill to go out on. Oshe, The Slip and Percy Hill. Best of luck to all the members in their future endeavors.
SpaceIsThePlace
Alsoa

Unfortunately, I cant make the gig as I'm seeing Brothers Past in NoHo tonite. But I urge anyone in the area to go and see some great live music.
francis
From the Gecko

what are the details on this?
-francis

order your precious swords!
get your free sword catalog!
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

The show was not annouced because it was a private function and you need Colgate credentials to get in. Percy Hill backed out, Oshe got added to replace them. It was basically a keg party in a frat house. When the beer ran out 80% of the crowd left. They encored If1ofUsShouldFall to about 30 people.

2/26/06: Beta Theta Pi (Dining Hall): Hamilton, NY
Set 1: Poorboy, Even Rats, I Hate Love, Mudslide, Rise and Shine (Sleepyhead), Wine and White Soda, Sorry> If in Life You Were an Ocean> jam, Children of December
Encore: Soft Machine, If On of Us Should Fall, What's So Funny About Peace Love and Understanding> Chrysanthemum
Notes: Private function. Oshe opened.
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

they played a frat house?! :?

did they at least try to kill a pledge?
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

did the post concerning that get modded?
If there was one it might have been modded. I have been gone for a few days so I didn't see it.
they played a frat house?! Confused
Yeah it was a frat house. It's been a long time since they have done that. I don't have much experience with Frats. This was pretty cool though. The people were not the typical Frat Boys you might think of. They were pretty cool actually. Not too much rediculousness. One girl ran into the kitchen to barf in the sink. That was weird.
SpaceIsThePlace
Alsoa

My mistake. The post that I thought got modded was actually on The Rhombus (www.therhombus.com).

Any clue about how Oshe played, setlist, etc?
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

The post that I thought got modded was actually on The Rhombus
I was not very happy when Dustin went internet detective on that post. I know him in person and he is a good guy. It is not that big of a deal either but obviously I was not displaying that The Slip were playing. That was for a reason. If anyone went to the school I would have made sure they knew about the show.
Any clue about how Oshe played, setlist, etc?
I only got to watch a few tunes . They played for about 1:15 or so. I have not seen them in 6 months and there were two new tunes, Moon something and Lost? Good Book, Dragon, Regicide, Texas Funeral, T+A, Discord, Quixotic. I think is what was played. They were not happy with thier set. There was not enough kids watching either.
SpaceIsThePlace
Alsoa

It really is such a loss that Oshe's breaking up. Really great guys making some excellent progressive music. I think with the right manager and right marketing scheme they could have been huge. I wanted to see them play Camp Bisco this year and get in with the whole livetronica crowd; I think theyd go over really well with that scene.

On a more positive note, I am really excited about a lot of the Setlists for these small gigs that are leaking out. I really think theyre going to bring it hard this next tour and perhaps have realized that just because they have a potential hit single doesnt mean they have to play like a band that is making it just off the strength of that single. I remember talking about post-Coventry the idea of a jamband or at least a band that does improv as a staple of their live show that can achieve semi-mainstream popularity or indie popularity while maintaining large ties to the jam world and keeping up incredible improv in their live show. Perhaps The Slip ccould be this band. Itd be a shame if they felt they had to downplay one of their obvious strengths, improvisation, to be a successful band.