The Slip at Lupos w/ Marco Solo

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

stephen
Lion on a Rock

Wow, I can finally access the board again after not being able to for the last three weeks. Was I the only one having this problem?

Anyway, the Lupos show was BIG ROCK Slip. No ambient instrumentals to start the show, just a heavy back-beat and riffage. I enjoyed the show very much, but do they have to play "Soft Machine" every single show? ("you will love this song!"). A bit more variety would be nice. They have such a great back catalogue of songs that throwing out a gem or two would have been appreciated. Still any Slip is better than no Slip.
booher
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

that's kinda how i feel about even rats and most of eisenhower, too. and the fact that they'll never play mothwing bite, haha.
lucasdavidsamuels
Through the Iron Gate

its funny, i think mothwing bite is my favourite tune off eisenhower, just a perfect pop song and i've realized that even with marco there they will never play it again
Twitter: @lucsamuels
BrentW
Get Me with Fuji

For me it's kind of a bummer that they only play a handful of shows a year and when they do you can count on them playing the same 8-10 songs at each show. I actually think it's kind of lame, given they have so many great songs but yet they force feed you the same semi-stale crackers every time. Sure, when you are starving they are damn good crackers. They haven't played VT for the past couple years and I have no interest in traveling great distances to hear the same stuff over and over. Personally I find (and I thought I would never say this) SMMD much much much more appealing these days. When I think of The Slip I can't help but feel: wow, what a great ride....that was fun. Don't get me wrong, if and when they play Burlington again, I am there. I am sure it will be enjoyable to see them again, but it will never be the same.