Sister Brother (brad and andrew side project) quick take!

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

bouche
Alsoa

Sister Brother (brad and andrew side project) quick take!

The rain didn't hold this event back. It was moved to the Academy club where the Slip brothers will be playing later tonight. There were about 25 people including our group of 10. So if we weren't there, the show would have been attended by 15 people! I guess the rain and venue change had an effect.

Brad was on guitar and banjo, andrew on stand-up bass, mike felbar on mandolin and elizabeth on fiddle.

Great 2, 3, and 4 part harmonies. They did a great rendition of Handle With Care (travelling wilbury's) even though they didn't have their lyrics sheet. You'll hear me on the recording requesting it ;)

Andrew started a glissendo and slid a note up the bass string and my brother andre leaned in to me with "rubber ball". Brad pulled out a rubber ball and bounced it around. Off of his guitar and they bounced it back and forth. One bounce flew to Felbar and he caught it with his NECK! Freakshow!

So rubberball was GORGEOUS. Brad finished with a salute to Nathan and mentioned his drug offence, but they are working on getting him back to Canada.

A few songs were fronted by Mike Felbar and the band pulled off many amazing supporting harmonies. There was alot going on here with featuring the various musicians singing lead and switching things up. Andrew pulled off the hillbilly bass player with cowboy redneck charm.

Wait until you see the photos. I would upload them now, but I left my camera with Felbar so I could capture the Slip brothers after Radiohead tonight.

I don't know the names of any other tunes, but there were a few foot stomping bluegrass numbers. Later in the set, Brad put on the banjo and Elizabeth strapped on Brad's nice Gibson and they went into what is likely one of Elizabeth's tunes. It was fantasticly performed.

So basically, go see this when you can. What a fuÇking TREAT!!
bouche
Alsoa

headnugg
Invocation

I haven't heard anything about this, where did they play last night? Where else are they playing?
Give us the Teachings of His Majesty, we don't want no devil philosophy.