David Byrne

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

tim
The Weight of Solomon

David Byrne

wow. do yourself a favor and catch one of the shows on this tour.
hoby
Flight of the Peruvian Dragonfly

I'll be there on 11/5 (hopefully celebrating).

This is THE show of the year for me.

"The Music of Byrne and Eno."

It changed my life the first time around. Literally.

Long story that I won't inflict on you all, but almost NOTHING in my life would be as it is now without the three Heads albums that Eno produced, Bush of Ghosts, and Catherine Wheel.

If you care about modern music and you don't know this stuff, you need to learn about it.

hoby
hoby
Flight of the Peruvian Dragonfly

It is somehow fitting that a post about Byrne/Eno lifted me to the rank of "Flight of the Peruvian Dragonfly."

It's magic, I tell 'ya.
tim
The Weight of Solomon

the show was so good that i'll probably catch another, especially if they add a DC date, even though it will be the exact same show i saw last night. david byrne is unreal and one of those musicians i just respect more and more over time. a true visionary. his voice is still perfect. other than his grey hair, it's like time hasn't affected him in the least. i was real interested to see if they'd try anything off 'my life in the bush of ghosts' and how songs off that album would be interpreted live. they played 'help me somebody', with byrne singing the parts of the sampled preacher, and the song just smoked. that album is so amazing and it's crazy they were able to create that with the technology, or lack of, available to them at that time. i actually picked it up a few years ago based on your recommendation hoby. the thing that got me the most last night though was amount of stellar music that wasn't played. damn, i wish i could go back in time and see a talking heads show.
tyler
From the Gecko

well at least we've got Stop Making Sense to take care of the visuals and The Name of This Band to take care of the audio...

seeing David Byrne in Montreal though, day before Halloween. so excited.