Marco Trio. Nov. 10 Burlington, VT

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Big Bob
From the Gecko

Marco Trio. Nov. 10 Burlington, VT

I bought a ticket to this show but i've changed my plans. I won't be going. So if you want to go but don't have a ticket yet, I have a ticket on will call that I could switch over to your name. PM me if you want it.
Katie
Invocation

I have tickets but I'll mention it to a few friends that don't. I'll pm you if I find someone interested.
Big Bob
From the Gecko

cool. i'm not really looking for money for the ticket, but it's useless for it to go to waste.
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

Hopefully this will be taped... Listening to the Marco set from 11/7 now, good stuff for sure! Also would be psyched to hear Nathan...
tyler
From the Gecko

Um so this was a good show, yes?

I don't have a setlist I'm afraid. but know that it included most of Invisible Baby plus My Morning Jacket's Golden, and Deerhoof's Twin Killers which was a brilliant choice. i don't think very many people in the crowd knew they were covers, but no one seemed to mind. (also brilliant to get the hippies dancing to ANYTHING Deerhoof) I must admit though, I left before it was over, because I was really tired.

Nathan's opening set was solid as always. he mentioned how all of his songs from the past 8 years were now irrelevant. funny. i hope he's right. Brad made a quick cameo to reprise his role during the note-holding-contest portion of No Hurry To Get To Heaven, then disappeared again. kind of an odd little sequence, especially since Nathan didn't introduce him or anything. i thought it was hilarious though.
lucasdavidsamuels
Through the Iron Gate

that is pretty funny, surprising that he didn't sit in with the trio, guess he went to the show just to watch like anyone else
lumpy
From the Gecko

from another board:

"Overall, good show! Tiny venue, great sound, fun time. Opened with a Zep tune but that was about all I recognized. Brad Barr (from Surprise Me Mr. Davis) came out and jammed for a couple tunes on guitar"
tyler
From the Gecko

oops.
Katie
Invocation

Yup, the opener and closer were also covers. Friends by Led Zeppelin and Run of the Mill by George Harrison.

It was such a good show! It was a really long set. I remember looking at the time around 10:40 and thinking they'd probably be ending soon, but they played for another hour. I know a bunch of people wandered out early since it was a Monday, but it was worth sticking it out.

Brad joined them for a tune somewhat near the end. Definitely one of the best shows I've seen recently.
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

I love Marco's cover of Run of the Mill. When he played Yoshi's SF a few months ago with Mathis and Chamberlain I yelled out for it and he made some comment saying he wasn't sure if they remembered it but they did do a brief version. It is good to see it back in the list though!

I do wish he expanded his setlist with the Trios a bit though I guess with Fishman having to learn a bunch of new songs they are keeping it safe.