Plants and Animals w/ The Barr Brothers in Montreal April 22

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

bradm
Beantown Rocker

Plants and Animals w/ The Barr Brothers in Montreal April 22

My plans have come together, so I'll be in Montreal on Thursday for Plants and Animals with The Barr Brothers opening up. (I think I saw the same bill at The Black Sheep Inn at the start of Sept., 2009, with The Barr Brothers billed as "Berithen Berio.")

I think jibooer's in, too, so we've got audio covered two ways, and my ride will be doing video (check out some his stuff here; we've teamed up a bunch of times, mixing my audio into his video).

Is anyone else going to be there?

Aloha,
Brad
jibooer
Lion on a Rock

Alright! I have a partner in crime! Bradm and jibooer holdin' it down....again.

C'mon down or up to Montreal, 'twill be a good time. La Tulipe is a theatre built in 1913, and has seen its share of cinema, vaudeville and burlesque and lots of live music over the years.

oh yeah, plants and animals are playing after the Barr's music lessons :D
bradm
Beantown Rocker

The Barr Brothers
Thursday, April 22, 2010
La Tulipe
Montreal, QC

Beggar In The Morning
Give The Devil Back His Heart
Ooh, Belle
Lord I Just Can't Keep From Crying
Sarah Through The Wall
Deacon's Son
Let There Be Horses

The set was about 45 minutes, and the crowd was digging it immensely, actually recognizing and reacting to particular tunes. jibooer and I both got it recorded, but we'll have to check on whether it's OK for us to release it.

Aloha,
Brad
jibooer
Lion on a Rock

Yes, the crowd was enjoying the tunage, especially when Brad started wailing on 'Lord I Just Can't Keep From Cryin''. We are also starting to see some more regular faces who are starting to catch on to how good these guys are.

Points of interest worth mentioning are the fact that the newest member, Andy Bielle(?) played bass guitar during 'Beggar...' and there was a newer arrangement toward the ending of 'Give The Devil Back His Heart' which involved a repeating chrous verse.

The brothers looked very comfortable seemed to enjoy the fact the were playing an a bigger stage with a bigger sound.

The bone of contention (well, ok, not really), however, as Bradm and I joked last night,was the diatribe known as the 'Sarah through the wall story'. It was told again in its entirety, even after Brad promised he wasn't going to tell us the 'whole' story!

All in all, we had a good time and got the job done.

Also Brad sat in with Plants&Animals for their introduction playing solo acoustic guitar for a juggling act/skit with a guy in a bunny costume and a young vixen, Andrew sat in on one tune playing the large bass drum, and then Brad sat in with them playing piano on another song.

Great solid show to a sold-out audience.

jah bless
booher
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

Jibooer and Bradm are only a part of the reason I'd love to live in Montreal.

It just seems like the 'brothers' are so home in Montreal....i love that city.