The Slip - 12/30 & 31/11 NYE Run @ Cafe du Nord in SF

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

lumpy
From the Gecko

The Slip - 12/30 & 31/11 NYE Run @ Cafe du Nord in SF

wha wha wha!?

Jambase just sent out an email....

http://www.jambase.com/Artists/2501/The-Slip
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

Re: The Slip - 12/30 and 12/31 at Cafe du Nord in SF

This is the best news I've heard in a while!!! Just got tix, can't wait!

Tix here:
http://www.ticketweb.com/snl/EventListi ... rgId=17518
12/30 is $35, 12/31 is $50 but the real deal is the 2 day passes for $65. Last year the 2 day passes sold very quickly so get on that if you want to save some $$....
lumpy
From the Gecko

harrymcq wrote:This is the best news I've heard in a while!!! Just got tix, can't wait!

Tix here:
http://www.ticketweb.com/snl/EventListi ... rgId=17518
12/30 is $35, 12/31 is $50 but the real deal is the 2 day passes for $65. Last year the 2 day passes sold very quickly so get on that if you want to save some $$....
and if you pay by cc over the phone with cafe du nord, the "convenience" fee is only $1.
lucasdavidsamuels
Through the Iron Gate

Fack. If it was in NYC I could justify going. San Fran on the other hand...
Twitter: @lucsamuels
booher
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

Lucky!
Katie
Invocation

*sigh* These shows always break my heart a little bit... I love SF and with family to visit I have such a good excuse to fly out there and go, but life always seems to get in the way. Ah well. Those of you that can go, enjoy it for me! I'll keep my fingers crossed for a web-cast, since I'll likely be at home (and awake at some point between 9pm-midnight Pacific time).
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

I'll be recording for sure, we can try for a webcast, not sure what sort of Internet Cafe Du Nord has...
booher
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

I wish they'd drop a bomb on us like "CD RELEASE/NYE PARTY EXTRAVAGANZA" :lol:
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

booher wrote:I wish they'd drop a bomb on us like "CD RELEASE/NYE PARTY EXTRAVAGANZA" :lol:
My wife was talking about it being a possible album release party as well... we can hope but I'm not gonna hold my breath. Considering how much time and energy Brad and Andrew are investing in the Barr Bros these days I was (very pleasantly!) shocked by this announcement. I had heard Du nord wanted to book The Slip last new years but the guys were more gung ho for Davis...
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

Re: The Slip - 12/30 & 31/11 NYE Run @ Cafe du Nord in SF

I was just checking Cafe Du Nord and they announced the opening band - Titan Ups (both nights.) I was kind of bummed because I would have rather had just The Slip, especially since Cafe Du Nord tends to end so early. Oh well, seems like The Slip likes to have an opening band.

More info on Titan Ups:
The Titan Ups play traditional Rocksteady and early Reggae with an accent on authenticity. Whether it's a classic track from Toots and the Maytals, to more obscure classics to soon-to-be-classic original tunes, the Titans "Bring It" and keep the dance floor packed from start to finish!

The group is led by Bob Reed, ex frontman of 90s S.F. Noisepop favorites Overwhelming Colorfast and lead guitarist for indie rock darlings, Oranger. Drummer Dave Leonard has handled drumming duties for the likes of The Sermon, Pat Johnson and Penelope Houston. The Group is rounded out by Mike Davenport and Igor Belogolovsky on guitars (Coup De Ska), Jen Hale on Keyboards (Killer's Kiss), Bill Cramer on bass (Only Sons, Ride the Blinds) and Carroll Ashby on trombone.
The group calls San Francisco's Mission District home and have quickly distinguished themselves as San Francisco's Premier Rocksteady band!