Two years ago this week...

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Two years ago this week...

aaahhhhh. The memories...
08/02/2003: Northeast Kingdom Music Festival: Albany, VT
Set I: ???, ???> Mr. Meowskers, ?country blues (acoustic) eastern-sounding?, Children of December, If One of Us Should Fall, (Andrew on PVC pipes [guest on shakers]), Dogs on Bikes> MC (into Soulive Set)
Notes: They played a song that Brad said they had only played two previous times...the lyrics talked about the rain alot of the time. They then played a "country blues" song that was dripping of Delta Blues and New Orleans. Both of these songs were done on an acoustic six-string guitar...with Brad ripping some eastern sounding riffs. I believe they played the song Children of December...great song with Brad getting some nice sounds out of the sunburst. If One Of Us Should Fall was played with Andrew playing some off-kilter beats that somehow blended perfectly with Brad and Marc. The following song had Andrew playing some sort of hand percussion with what looked like flip-flops (my eyes are horrible) and with someone sitting in with two shakers. Whoever was playing the shakers did a fantastic job of playing off Andrew's beats....best song of the night IMO. The band ended the set with a quick warped version of Dogs on Bikes with someone MC'ing to give a nice segue into the Soulive set. [Cecil Thomas - Sunday, August 03, 2003; Greg - 12/14/2003]
08/03/2003: Bethel Fest: Hillsboro, NH
Set I: Built for Zeal, Lemonade, Let the Morning In, Driving Backwards with You, Love and Tears*, Something Learned> Tenfold> Planet of Inexperience> Joe Higley, The Lucky Dragon, Children of December> Soft Warm Simple Wonder, Get Me with Fuji> (Stanley Gemmel Poem)> If One of Us Should Fall^> Whats So Funny About Peace, Love, and Understanding?
Encore: "Drill Sargent Meowskers"> (instrumental improv)!, Angels Come on Time#, Alsoa^
Notes: *included a debut of "12 string slide loop" song. ^ with Sara Azriel on vocals. ! with Marc on guitar, Brad on Drums and Andrew on Bass. # Kram Dangle!! (Matt Rudnicki on vocals, Chris Montecablo on drums, Brad on guitar, Marc on bass) [ Cleantone - Monday, August 04, 2003; also Cecil Thomas Sun Aug 3, 2003; Jeff Dylyn ]
08/06/2003: Club Passim: Cambridge, MA
Set I: 74, Still Shiver, Disposessed, Before You Were Born, Ambrosia Drunk, Soft Warm Simple Wonder, Come Over, Rabbits, Sound Escapes, Poorboy
Notes: Brad Barr opened for Leslie Helpert, and Andrew sat in on percussion on one tune. Posted by: cleantone [cleantone at hotmail.com] - Friday, August 08, 2003 at 12:47:51 (CDT)
tonygaboni
Beantown Rocker

8/2/03: Loring Air Force Base, Limestone, ME

Set I: AC/DC Bag, Ya Mar> Runaway Jim, Reba, Birds of a Feather, Meatstick, Two Versions of Me, Vultures, Limb By Limb, Cavern
Set II: Down With Disease> NICU> Brother, Lawn Boy, Discern, Waves, David Bowie
Set III: Rock and Roll> Seven Below> Scents and Subtle Sounds> Spread It Round, Bug
Encore: Dog Log, The Mango Song
8/3/03: Loring Air Force Base, Limestone, ME

Set I: Daniel, Saw it Again, Punch You in the Eye, Army of One, Chalkdust Torture, Wilson, Mike's Song> I am Hydrogen> Weekapaug Groove
Set II: Mellow Mood, Ghost, Mist, Pebbles and Marbles, You Enjoy Myself> Chariots of Fire, Loving Cup
Set III: 46 Days, Julius, The Lizards, Secret Smile, Run Like An Antelope
Encore: Good Times Bad Times

wrong site I know but memories indeed.

andrew playing some sort of hand percussion with what looked like flip-flops?
Phrazz

Booty Bash I - Visual Memories

Sorry...don't have pix from the other two.

Life on the Hill:

Happy smiles:

One of the few times Meowskers gets down to earth:

This is a good idea of what the night life was like (blurry, like the photographer):

Rob K. busts a pose. Meredith is slightly amused:

Self-portrait no. 37 [sporting Creekside T-shirt]:

Booty ponders, "All this excitement for moi?"

Know anyone in this photo? You should!

I like this shot - something about the expressions:

Classic action shot. Brad applauds Tim's excellent catch, Sara is also astounded, I was also surprised she didn't run into the stage:

This one is just priceless (Jimmi T. takes the stage):

Sammy wonders -- where is that beer I orderded?

Tarzan Kaley saunters from the jungle:

Uday swipes my ride (Casey makes sure he comes back with it):

Bubbles courtesy of Hannah. Who's the sexy guy on the right?

Yeah, it was hot...the ground is cooler...and the day after is always mellow: