Relix needs a spanking

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Relix needs a spanking

So I was just talking to LMB and she brought to my attention that this months Relix had a blurb about the Higher Ground Benevento/Russo Duo show. The "scene and heard" section (compiled by Dean Budnick) mentioned the show and the encore with Mike, John, Jamie, and Mad Dog. It failed to mention Brad sitting in during this jam or the rest of the show. Obvioulsy Relix sucks but we should send an email in to alert them about the goof. Anyone have a good email addy for that? The ones on the website are all marketing and whatnot
Editor-in-Chief: Aeve Baldwin
Publisher: Steve Bernstein / email: Steve AT relix DOT com
Associate Publisher / Kathryn Stoddard / email: Kathy AT relix DOT com
Director of Sales: Khris Kline / email: Khris AT relix DOT com
Marketing Director: Jonathan Schwartz - Schwartz AT relix DOT com

Or contact Relix departments by email:
Advertising AT relix DOT com
Marketing AT relix DOT com
CustomerService AT relix DOT com
AddressChange AT relix DOT com
Webmaster AT relix DOT com
Last edited by Cleantone on Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katie
Invocation

Ok, looking at that issue right now... let's see...

'Dear Relix' letters to the editor can be sent to letters AT relix DOT com.

It took me a while to find the blurb about it. It's in the section titled "Soundcheck: live reviews and news from around the globe" compiled by Dean Budnick.

In a tiny box marked "news" it says, "On April 6, Phish bandmates Mike Gordon and Jon Fishman returned to a Vermont stage, this time in support of the Benevento Russo Duo. The pair appeared together for a "Mike's Song" encore, with Jazz Mandolin Project's Jamie Masefield and Mike "Mad Dog" also stepping in toward the song's close."

That's it. Very Phish-centric (coming from Relix, I'm not too surprised).

Thanks to some excellent photographic evidence I think it's safe to say Brad was also on stage at that time, and painfully overlooked by Relix, especially considering he sat in for more of the show than any of the rest.