Who saw the Office premier last night?!

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

headnugg
Invocation

Who saw the Office premier last night?!

That show is the fucking funniest comedy on TV. Last night was great.

That show has a real unique knack for making it's viewers just feel uncomfortable sometimes. If anyone saw it, I'm talking about when Michael kissed the dude in the meeting. Great.
Give us the Teachings of His Majesty, we don't want no devil philosophy.
tim
The Weight of Solomon

best show on network tv now that arrested development is no longer. it was so fucking funny. i was afraid they would try and put a whole love story spin on this season so i was real happy to see them pretty much just skip over the whole pam/jim thing and proceeded like it was in real time and several months had actually passed. i was rolling when they showed a clip of the stamford office was going over H.E.R.O at the end. head out to sea, big tuna!

Funny and distrubing and real all at the same time. Unlike any other TV out there right now.

"There's Oscar's roommate picking him up. I wonder if he knows."

headnugg
Invocation

Anonymous wrote:Funny and distrubing and real all at the same time. Unlike any other TV out there right now.

"There's Oscar's roommate picking him up. I wonder if he knows."

Yah, you would think his roomate might be aware......

Oscar got a pretty sweet deal, but I think I would've shot for more. He had one hell of a lawsuit on his hands.

This season is going to be fucking awesome.

And Tim, I agree, I was happy they skipped over all that shit too, but I do want to see them get together.....

Man, I feel like a chick discussing General Hospital or some shit
pete
Get Me with Fuji

It really is a great show.

The more I watch it, the more I like Michael. They do a good job of showing that he usually has good intentions, despite the fact that his methods are terrible.
Michael: (to Oscar) Maybe we could go out for a beer sometime and you could tell me . . . how you do that to another dude.
"Expressing a human need, I've always wanted to write a book that ended with the word Mayonnaise."
-Brautigan
francis
From the Gecko

i'm pretty sure they didn't skip over the relationship. you know something's going to happen since she didn't go on with the wedding. i think they even went with it more now that she called it off AND he left, since he was going to stay if they were hit it off.
-francis

order your precious swords!
get your free sword catalog!
tim
The Weight of Solomon

obviously the whole pam/jim thing is unresolved and will continue to be a subplot. i'm just glad to see the show picking up where it's at. i was afraid it was going to start up where the season finale left off and we'd have to watch a whole season of pam trying to figure out if she's going to go through with the marriage or not. fuck the drama, i want hilarity.
headnugg
Invocation

tim wrote:fuck the drama, i want hilarity.
well said
tim
The Weight of Solomon

ok, i'm resurrecting this thread...

anyone else catch tonight's episode? it was definitely the weakest of the season IMO. while it there were some funny moments, i only laughed out loud two or three times. stanley's reaction to pretzel day was priceless as well as dwight's cousin in the "fear" sweatshirt. all and all though it was kind of a dissapointment. i just don't know why big tuna is still hung up on pam when he has quincy jones' daughter sitting in the desk behind him. i have a feeling next week's episode is going to be a riot though...
Episode 6, "Diwali"- Michael encourages the entire Scranton branch to support Kelly and attend a local celebration of Diwali, the Hindu Festival of Lights. Meanwhile, Andy convinces Jim to turn a late night of work into a drinking game.
oh yeah- have any of you checked out the "girls gone wild" song that was playing in michael's hotel room in episode two? i downloaded it over the weekend. it's by an LA duo named 'captain ahab' and it's possibly the greatest song ever written.
headnugg
Invocation

Q's daughter is hot and she wants to bang. I'd pick her any day.

I thought the episode was OK. So far nothing has compared to the premiere.

Dwight's cousin was pretty funny though, as was that whole trip with Dwight and the temp.

Incidentally, I'm from Newton, MA. We divide our city into two parts, North and South. I went to Newton North. Temp and Jim both went to Newton South. They are therefore both pussies. Funny pussies though.
percy

man, I'm I the only romantic in here. I for one want to see Jim and Pam come together. I know it's formulaic and all that, but I like thinking they were meant for each other. Their romance always worked for me. I wish they hadn't dragged it out and I hope it doesn't get in the way of the show (pretty much the only good show on network). They should have just come together at the end of last season, let the romance die and moved into pure awkward hysterics. but if they're insisting then I'm saying the girl behind him is hot but that has nothing to do with the warm fuzzy feeling I get from the whole Jim/Pam deal.
headnugg
Invocation

percy wrote:man, I'm I the only romantic in here. I for one want to see Jim and Pam come together. I know it's formulaic and all that, but I like thinking they were meant for each other. Their romance always worked for me. I wish they hadn't dragged it out and I hope it doesn't get in the way of the show (pretty much the only good show on network). They should have just come together at the end of last season, let the romance die and moved into pure awkward hysterics. but if they're insisting then I'm saying the girl behind him is hot but that has nothing to do with the warm fuzzy feeling I get from the whole Jim/Pam deal.
Agreed
headnugg
Invocation

a repeat already? what kinda shit is that
tim
The Weight of Solomon

headnugg wrote:a repeat already? what kinda shit is that
sweet, now i don't mind having worked late tonight...
headnugg
Invocation

it was the gay witchhunt again......

still made me feel as awkward as it did the first time