Unraveling the "Eisenhower" Mystery . . . ?

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

headnugg
Invocation

Just got the disc, currently checking it out.

Mood: Excited.
Give us the Teachings of His Majesty, we don't want no devil philosophy.
tote_

Weird, the replies are out of order. Anyway, to King George: not all states are on electronic machines yet. And In rhode Island, a swing state for the senate, your vote definitely matters. Not sure about ohio and Florida though, you're right to be skeptical.
headnugg
Invocation

yah, that's weird about how the replies are out of order

THis album is kicking my ass right now, Brad's voice sounds AMAZING. The production sounds great, I'm excited! Maybe I can stop yearning for the old jazz and embrace the new rock now......only time will tell.......
headnugg
Invocation

Have the Slip ever listed Wilco as an influence, or someone who's music they dig?

Rhode Island is a swingin' state. I'll be there friday night. Bowling perhaps?
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

headnugg wrote:yah, that's weird about how the replies are out of order

THis album is kicking my ass right now, Brad's voice sounds AMAZING. The production sounds great, I'm excited! Maybe I can stop yearning for the old jazz and embrace the new rock now......only time will tell.......
first i saw a pig fly, and now this.. whats the world comming to?
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
headnugg
Invocation

diesel wrote:
headnugg wrote:yah, that's weird about how the replies are out of order

first i saw a pig fly, and now this.. whats the world comming to?
Do you mean it's weird how good Brad's voice sounds? :lol:
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

how come totes post still remains the latest when its not....
lumpy
From the Gecko

maybe his clock-stamp is off? Or maybe it's because he has the new album - which means he's writing to us from the future.

whoa.
headnugg
Invocation

lumpy wrote:maybe his clock-stamp is off? Or maybe it's because he has the new album - which means he's writing to us from the future.

whoa.
that is fucking cool
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

truly wild
t0te

Eisenhower

Okay, first let's look at the release date: November 7th. What other big event takes place that day? Elections. I think that after waiting this long to release a new album that's a little too perfect to be a coincidence. Now last elections I know I was a little amazed at the outcome and the way our country was influenced. Influenced by a preemprtive war in Iraq and by a timely release of a video by Osama Bin Laden Claiming he hopes bush loses. I am in the majority, finally, who feel this war is immoral and injust. But wait, is Iran building a nuclear arsenal? What the day is it? Maybe... with just over three weeks to go before elections, the liberals are already expecting a wag the dog scenario with Iran being soundly carpet bombed to keep the neo cons in control of the house and the senate. Even now, the entire Eisenhower strike group, including nuclear powered aircraft carrier is moving towards the persian gulf. I just hope people are ready to vote their truth and not out of fear of "staying the course" verses cut and run. Maybe that has something to do with the title, or maybe not.

tote
francis
From the Gecko

headnugg wrote:Have the Slip ever listed Wilco as an influence, or someone who's music they dig?
not sure but they did work with someone who produced albums with wilco. though i think it was the wilco/billy bragg album.
-francis

order your precious swords!
get your free sword catalog!
tim
The Weight of Solomon

headnugg wrote:Have the Slip ever listed Wilco as an influence, or someone who's music they dig?
The Slip's press kit wrote:While the band’s line-up remained consistent throughout the next few years on the road, their sound developed considerably and the instrumentation expanded radically. The SLIP grew from young, earthy avant-gardes to strong, dynamic rock composers, creating a new sonic landscape that drew equally from CAN, U2, and new interests like Built to Spill, Flaming Lips, and Wilco.
the setbreak music during the narrows NYE was 'yankee foxtrot hotel' and 'a ghost is born' respectively...
tim
The Weight of Solomon

lumpy wrote:maybe his clock-stamp is off? Or maybe it's because he has the new album - which means he's writing to us from the future.

whoa.
::mind blown::