Brad's Pedals

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

otherones
Tenfold

Brad's Pedals

Anyone know what rig Brad used in the early 2000s?

There is a very specific effect brad used a lot from 2000 - 2003. Might even be the effect he uses in Get Me With Fuji.
booher
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

Re: Brad's Pedals

Does it kinda sound like a robot? Because that would be a ring modulator, specifically, he used the Electro Harmonix Frequency Analyzer.
otherones
Tenfold

I looked up the pedal and recognized the sound right away. Thanks for the tip. Is that also the effect being used to create the weird effect you hear on the opening licks of Dear Melina?

I found this info as well:Brad plays a 1954 Gibson ES 175 with the original P-90 pickup, strung with D'Addario flat-wound 13's, and a custom solid body guitar by Ashoke Childs strung with D'Addario round-wound 13's, as well as a Jerry Jones electric sitar, a Fender Stratocaster, and Gibson 12 string acoustic. His amp is a Polytone Mini-Brute IV. His pedals include (l to r); Boomerang, DOD Delay, Ernie Ball Volume, Crybaby Wah-Wah, D.O.D 9-band Equalizer, RAT distortion, Ibanez Chorus, Boss Octave, Boss Fuzz, and the Electro Harmonix Ring Modulator. He occasionally uses the Lexicon MPX 100.
booher
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

Yeah, that's his old Slip setup. His amps have changed a bit, and he's got a couple of new toys. Part of his sound that was iconic, to me, was the Boss FZ-3 he had on his board. He's using a Foxx Tone Machine clone by Homebrew Electronics, called the UFO. I think Sarah actually uses one on her harp, too.