The Slip - Eisenhower (LIVE)

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

lucasdavidsamuels
Through the Iron Gate

The Slip - Eisenhower (LIVE)

Hey everyone,

I went to create a live compilation of Eisenhower this weekend for my iPod, only to discover my external hard driver which has like 400GIGS of music no longer works. Super bummed.

So, I'm going to crowd source this idea to all of you!

It would be awesome to put together a live version of the album with 'best of versions' of each song and share it here.

Given that they only played Mothwing Bite live one time (as far as I know) and that recording never surfaced, we could swap it with a live cut of Lonely Boy. I had an awesome version from a 2004 XM Sat session, but can no longer access it...given it was on my external.

Anyone up for this?
Twitter: @lucsamuels
johnhk4
Beantown Rocker

Re: The Slip - Eisenhower (LIVE)

sure - let me do some scouring this week

side note, or perhaps related, update to iTunes 12 with extreme caution. Labeling imported shows is now even more a pain in the ass than ever.
John from CT / wheaton college, MA
booher
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

Oo. Some of my favorites:

1. Children of December - The Axis, 4.18.2004
2. Even Rats - The Pearl St. Ball Room, 10.28.2004
3. If One of Us Should Fall - If it's not cheating....the one form Alivelectric. Other than that, I think it was The Paradise, 12.28.2008. While they were waiting I think Marc and Andrew were vamping on The Weight.
4. Airplane/Primitive - [TBD]
5. Suffocation Keep - The Fall River Arts Festival, 9.18.2005
6 & 7. Panda > Soft Machine - [TBD]
8. Life in Disguise - [TBD]
9. Mothwing Bite - Since we don't have one, if anyone ever sourced the original Brad was calling "Little Brian" on his myspace page, that'd be pretty nice.
10 & 11. Blue Air > Paper Birds - The Fall River Arts Festival, 9.18.2005

I'd need to revisit a lot of post 2005 stuff to get some solid opinions on those TBDs.
johnhk4
Beantown Rocker

Are we looking for more "succinct" live versions? :-)
johnhk4
Beantown Rocker

CoD - 7-17-2003
Even rats - my totally favorite one is from 2004, but my mp3 has no date. the crowd is cheering "whoo!" when the song breaks between "Good", "Home", "Cookin'" and it's awesome.
if one of us should... - i second the alive electric version... it's just so perfect.
airplane/primitive - 4-15-06
suffocation keep - 10-02-2004 - paradise boston (I think this was off an official live release?)
soft machine - 11-15-04
paper birds - the ice cream truck show i think had a pretty killer version but i can't find it anywhere.
booher
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

Ice Cream Truck is 8.7.04? I've got that show. I thought Harry might have hosted it in the torrent thread, too. How do I go about sharing that (provided you want it)?
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

booher wrote:Ice Cream Truck is 8.7.04? I've got that show. I thought Harry might have hosted it in the torrent thread, too. How do I go about sharing that (provided you want it)?
Ice Cream truck is still up as mp3 (along with a bunch of other 2004) here: sliplive/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3879

Also Lucas send me a drive if you want a bunch of Slip