Eisenhower 10 years old!

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Kevin_Kjr
Beantown Rocker

Eisenhower 10 years old!

On the 7th Eisenhower will be 10 years old. Crazy how time flies.
johnhk4
Beantown Rocker

Re: Eisenhower 10 years old!

if you ever got back to little compton...
John from CT / wheaton college, MA
lucasdavidsamuels
Through the Iron Gate

Pretty insane. I remember stumbling upon the review on Jambase.com when I was in first year university. I couldn't sleep late one night in my dorm room and I decided to give the record a spin. It didn't click for me at all until the ending drum solo in Children of December came in. I've listened to Eisenhower more times than I can count and it was my first intro to The Slip and the Barrs.

I'll never forget that night!
Twitter: @lucsamuels
johnhk4
Beantown Rocker

That's awesome man. For me, Eisenhower came the year after I had graduated from college, and I was living in Boston. The ones that stick with me most are the ones they rarely or never played live as I had seen them countless times already going back to 2001. I remember hearing Does back in high school but it was a burned disc with some other stuff on it (aw, CD-Rs). At the Eisenhower release show at The Narrows, the boys were on fire, and played some new tunes not even on the new CD, too. I figured it was a good sign that we'd see another album within 2-3 years... I don't return to it much - not because I don't like it but because I think it's kind of an outlier in terms of what I think of The Slip.
John from CT / wheaton college, MA
Kevin_Kjr
Beantown Rocker

johnhk4 wrote:That's awesome man. For me, Eisenhower came the year after I had graduated from college, and I was living in Boston. The ones that stick with me most are the ones they rarely or never played live as I had seen them countless times already going back to 2001. I remember hearing Does back in high school but it was a burned disc with some other stuff on it (aw, CD-Rs). At the Eisenhower release show at The Narrows, the boys were on fire, and played some new tunes not even on the new CD, too. I figured it was a good sign that we'd see another album within 2-3 years... I don't return to it much - not because I don't like it but because I think it's kind of an outlier in terms of what I think of The Slip.
My friend wrote for the college paper and got an earlier copy of the album to review so i checked it out. I enjoyed it but it is a lot different than previous slip albums. Every once in a while I'll give it a listen but for me it doesnt have the playback as the other albums that i really enjoyed and defined what the Slip were to me. It's sad that we never got another album or at least something like alive electric or acoustic that had a bunch of songs never recorded to a studio album