Help getting shows!! <*Clinton, please check inside*>

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

Help getting shows!! <*Clinton, please check inside*>

I found a person (I believe he was the taper) of the 5-2-2003 show and 4-4-2004 show... his phishhook sign on name is brent_black
any help in getting these 2 shows out to the community would be helpful.. believe me you won't regret it either as both are unbelievably steller shows... I have sent an email to a person that also has the 5-2-2003 show.. so hopefully he'll get back to me, but the brent_black email address bounced back... let me know if anyone can help..
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

05/02/2003: Calvary Baptist Church: Philadelphia, PA
Set I: Sometimes There's Wine, TEWDACYATM, Munf, Hoc No Seh, Poor Boy, Wompsett, The Woods*, Mudslide*, Song of Mysterious Origin^, Alsoa
Notes: * Brad on Sitar. ^ may have been called "Kurdistan", "Song of the World" previously.

04/04/2004: River Street Jazz Cafe: Plains, PA
Set I: Song*, Chasing Rabbits*, Predicting the Rain*, Yaka Soba, Sometimes True to Nothing
Set II: Chrysanthemum, Wolof, Johnny's Tune, Hoc no Seh, Soft Machine^, Poor Boy*, Children of December
Encore: Get Me with Fuji, Happiness is a Warm Gun^> Else^
Notes: * Brad on Acoustic. ^ Marc playing guitar w/Bass foot pedals. Brad: "not that we ever make setlists...but tonight we figured we'd wing it and just get it all out" [ Pstehley - patrick.stehleyATverizonDotnet
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
francis
From the Gecko

i have that 4/4/2004 show.. i believe me and brent did a trade for it. for some reason though, i can't recall ever going through with the trade. if people want to do some b+p's, let me know and i'll set something up. i know i've definitly said this before but now i'm settled at school for a while and could enjoy some mail rather than bills.
-francis

order your precious swords!
get your free sword catalog!

Francis,

Me , me me...I would love to get that 4-4-04 show! I wasn't supposed to make it that day but I was able to delay my flight t'til the next day so I suprised everyone and made it out. That was a great show, BTW. Not many people danicng at first but by the time the second set came around there were many dancing feets on the dance floor. And I'll never forget Marc's rusty orange chenille scarf he so grcaed his neck with after the show. Damn, wish I had a camera ;} So HOT! SO HOT!

Robyn
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

I would definately love to get a hold of that... then I will probably rip it and convert it to flac and then upload and bt.. so yeah.. I'd say start a vine if enough people are interested in doing it... otherwise.. a bnp would be great..

also wanted to add.. I emailed another guy about getting 5-2-03, only other guy listed as having it.. so hopefully he'll get back to me.. Francis, do you know how to get a hold of him still?
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
francis
From the Gecko

it may not be the same person since there's someone on db.etree.org as brent black, but the person i talked to was Brent on db.etree.org.. you'll usually see him posting some comment in every slip torrent uploaded cuase he's really big on getting their shows.

http://db.etree.org/brent seems as if he's not trading now anyway. and he doesn't list the show anymore. not really sure. i'm starting to send some PMs now
-francis

Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

I'm assuming he got it from the taper.. ok.. I thought he was the taper... I think the taper was Mike Lang (I believe the same guy that taped 5-2-03)... so I can get the source info from his phishhook page... now hopefully I can get the 5-2-03 show too... fingers crossed...

Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
francis
From the Gecko

yea, that is definitly him. well i woudl assume so since i talked to his wife mostly and her name was lang too.
-francis

Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

there could be good news for us all on the horizon... if it comes through.. .I'll let you all know...
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

well.. shit! i was at that 4-4-04 show. i think. dont remember, spent most of the night playing foosball out of my mind, but i know the music was killer.

the drive back was almost a killer.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Robyn

Hey who were those guys at that one table with the butcher paper? I drew a bunny in some grass with lillies that night...lol. It was fun. So, I met Pat and Pam there and now I'm finding out that the DIESEL was there too! WTF?! How come we didn't meet? Whatever.
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

diesel wrote:well.. shit! i was at that 4-4-04 show. i think. dont remember, spent most of the night playing foosball out of my mind, but i know the music was killer.

the drive back was almost a killer.
I would have paid to see what happened on the car ride home!!!

Smokey wrote:Diesel, you down there.. eeeeewwww.. bitch you got KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT!
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!